Amy's new home progress

Amy_HMarch 13, 2005

This is a link to the house we are building. I was hoping that everyone here would post their own thread so we can see all the different homes being built by forum members. Here is a little info on ours.

We started planning to build a two story. About 2 revisions into the plans, I just felt really strongly that I should build a one story. We plan to live in our house until we die. With the stress of building, I joke that it might be any day now. Our old plan (2 story) really had a lot more thought put into it. Overall, the plan came out better than I imagined, especially since I have no qualifications to design a house. The only major flaw in the design so far is the kitchen. You walk out of the mudroom and into the cabinets. It really didn't look that bad on paper. If I had it to do over again, I would move the kitchen wall 2 feet out. That's all I needed to do. Oh well. I posted about the kitchen problem over on the kitchen forum if you have any suggestions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amy's house

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mizzou_KX

That's gonna be some kitchen. Looks good from every angle to me. What are you planning for cabinets?

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 10:34PM
Amy_H

I was planning white beaded inset cabinets, but the budget just got a reality check. I had a custom guy give me a price that was realistic, but he just informed me that he is 12 weeks out so I'm back to the drawing board.

I just don't really care for the look of the fridge wall. It will be the focal point from the great room and it doesn't look balanced or attractive enough to me.

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 3:20PM
Mizzou_KX

Oh, I don't know. The island and hood are going to be in the view too and I think it looks ok. But you're the one that needs to be happy with it.

Bookmark   March 18, 2005 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
Please help critique this floor plan.
Hi all. We are hoping to break ground within the next...
daboyd4
Finished basement infloor heat in MN
We are working to trim back costs on our upcoming build....
Mini Soda
Master Bath revisions
Which revision do you like better? There can only be...
edwardshome
What are you doing for your security system?
I know that's an extra cost, but I was curious as to...
aimless07
Dark hardwood vs lighter hardwood floors
I'm trying to decide which type of floors we should...
houserookie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™