Last chance to change my mind: Aga Legacy 36 or Ilve?
I know there are only a few owners of these appliances on this forum, but I'm hoping to tempt them out of hiding.
I was all set for an Aga Legacy 36", but now, months after making my "final" decision (long story), I'm considering an Ilve instead.
Anybody want to weigh in?
For me, the Aga has:
+ The right look
+ Multiple ovens. They seem fun to work with
+ Good reviews of their cooking performance
- Tiny ovens. That's fine most of the time with a two-person household but I dread the holiday when I suddenly realize the goose/turkey/pizza doesn't fit
- Slow service. I think they send parts over on the Queen Mary 2. Aga is famous for this.
- Some parts are flimsy-looking, like the backsplash
- No rolling racks
+ Fun cooktop--Lots of gizmos including a fry top, iron steak plate, steam and bain marie bins, etc.
+ Cool look, perhaps a tad too Euro for my '20s kitchen although the legs and metal trim do echo an old '20s stove
+ Nice big oven, no worries there
+ Rolling racks
+ Big remp range in teh ovens
+ Nice fit and finish
- One oven. I have no space to just pop in a wall oven elsewhere. My backup would be a countertop Breville, probably
- Stainless steel cooktop is more modern than the black Aga
- Some bad reviews in Australia (but newer and more local reviews are positive)
- Oven is a lot to heat up for 2 people on a weekday
So really, how do I nudge myself in one direction or another? Any personal experiences?