shampoo without water - 'dry shampoo'?

agilliamAugust 13, 2007

Post exercise, my hair is WET 2" out from my scalp. I don't have time to wash my hair every morning, nor do I want to - except for these 2" - because it dries the rest of it out. Anybody have any solutions? Have you tried "dry shampoo"? I looked it up and most are powders (some are sprays), but few got good reviews and those were $20+ for a small bottle. Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ramrice

You could start off by trying baby powder (talcum powder). I've used it myself when the top of my hair was a little oily. You just brush it out. I also have dry hair and this works rather well. Amazon.com also has some dry shampoos for under $10.

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 11:07PM
agilliam

Thanks for the idea ramrice. Does the whiteness brush out completely?

Bookmark   August 15, 2007 at 7:45PM
ramrice

Yes, it does if you use a boar bristle brush, the boar bristle brush helps with the oil too.

Bookmark   August 16, 2007 at 10:56PM
wert9wert

Many, many years ago (now I'm showing my age) there used to be a product call "Pssst". When I lived up north it really came in handy for a hurry up dry wash during the winter. You might want to check and see if it's still available. I think one of the major companies made it.

Bookmark   August 18, 2007 at 5:53AM
agilliam

Hubby had surgery (doing well), so I am just now getting back to this. The baby powder did work & I happen to have a boar hair brush which removed the powder just fine. I made a mess in the bathroom though - trying to get the powder all over my scalp, not just on the top part that showed the most & my husband said I smelled like our one-year old. Ha! Wert9wert, I Googled Pssst & I found it - $5 for a large can. I am definitely going to try it. I think the spray would make less mess & maybe smell more grown-up. :) Thank you both for the ideas!

Bookmark   September 1, 2007 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™