I'm determined to share....

clairecmcMarch 9, 2005

Hopefully I'll get this done...

Here is a link that might be useful: trying again

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meigzilla

It worked!

That is a big house! Is half of that the garage or is all of that house? How many sf?

Looks really cool :)

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 11:07AM
clairecmc

There is a four car garage to the right, as you look at house from the street. We have two suites above the garage(one for my mom, because we are trying to entice her to move in with us and she is fighting her age because she loooves her independence). The large structure in the middle is the main house..it has about 6,000 sq feet( not counting the screened-in porch). We don't have huge rooms or "extra" rooms in the main house(cept maybe the master retreat),ie no guest rooms, media rooms, only one eating area besides the kitchen island. It feels very livable. When you add in the garage suites and the pool house you get to about 8,700 sq ft. It looks soo big because of all the roof lines, big windows, and tall ceilings.

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 11:43AM
Amy_H

Absolutely beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. Keep updating as you go, please. If you don't mind me asking, what brand are your doors and doorknobs? I really like them.

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 11:08PM
clairecmc

The doors are Tru style...I can get the model numbers if you want. They are solid core and feel great, very substantial. The door eggs and levers are Emtek in sand cast bronze, in both silver patina and med bronze. The levers are the durango style. Thanks and I'll be updating pics in a couple of weeks.

Bookmark   March 10, 2005 at 8:38AM
gee_ess

Love the house! It is always fun to see everyone else's project! When do you think you will be in?

Bookmark   March 13, 2005 at 9:52PM
clairecmc

Hopefully we'll move in sometime in May. thanks for the kind words.

Bookmark   March 19, 2005 at 9:53PM
lizh

It's going to be wonderful with all the windows and views. Will really feel the connection with the outdoors. I'm sure once it is finished your mom will be begging you to let her live there! You've done a really great job. Hope to see more...

Bookmark   August 9, 2005 at 1:51PM
demifloyd

Claire, it's great to see the updated photos. I assume you've moved in by now. How did your dining fixture turn out? Congratulations and I hope you're enjoying your beautiful new home.

Bookmark   September 5, 2005 at 10:25PM
mom2five

Gorgeous house - stunning windows and views - wow! Love the spacious feel of the rooms - looking forward to seeing more photos!

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 12:54AM
More Discussions
Should I add a window in the dining room?
We are going to have a long narrow dining room, husband...
Bridget Howe
Would you give this to the architect - take 2?
I posted a floor plan last week to get input before...
boonieshome
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Interior Doors - any experience with this company?
Does anyone have any experience with solidhardwooddoors.com...
numbersjunkie
Lessons of this Winter
I find lots of people are guided by aesthetics and...
edlincoln
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™