Sports Bras for over 50 and Post Menopausal

tangerine_z6August 16, 2008

Hi. I find sports bras very comfortable and wear them when I can, in addition to the time I spend in outdoor activities year round. Over the years I have worn Nike, Champion, and Hanes (which were the most wonderful of all). Now that I am 51 I am having a harder time finding comfortable, well-fitting, quality bras. I need more length in the straps and greater coverage across the front than I find in recent styles. Some of the others have felt like armor, all zipped up in the front and tight. I wear a 36B bra and am on the slim side, but let's face it, your body changes when you are over 50 and post menopausal! Any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

It's hard to recommend any brand because everyone has a different body, but have you tried Penneys? They have so many styles and brands, you might find something there.

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 11:53AM
petaloid

Warner's makes a line called Friday's Bras with several styles. I think I got mine at Penney's. No underwires and comfortable for over-50 me.

Bookmark   August 17, 2008 at 7:44PM
tangerine_z6

I didn't even think to look at Penney's...thanks.

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 10:06AM
centralcacyclist

I never just use a sports bra for exercise. I use a regular underwire and a sports bra on top. I hate to bounce. I'm a 38C.

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 12:21PM
donna_loomis

I am 53 and have not been able to find a sports bra in recent years that feels right to me. Even when I know I've got the right size, I feel more like a post-nursing mother who is binding her breasts. Gah! Gives me cleavage all the way to my neck and I feel like I'm going to choke on my breasts.

Now that I'm "old", I have decided to go for comfort. Hence, the "Comfort bra". I ordered several different styles from Dream Products and have been very happy with them. Yes, they offer less support than the underwire bras I wore so long ago, but you know what? They feel good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Comfort Bra

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 2:02PM
ramrice

I bought the Danskin bra at Walmart (they're out of stock online, but they're sold at the store). I'm a 34D and it's good for any exercise, including running.

Here is a link that might be useful: Danskin

Bookmark   August 19, 2008 at 5:35PM
More Discussions
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™