Is there a computer genius in house? Win xp 7??

ilmbgOctober 27, 2007

I was shown yesterday how to alphabetize my 'favorites'. I guess I wasn't paying close attention.. I CAN"T DO IT NOW!! Blond? Not! Airhead? Yep. I have asked on a computer forum, they say right click on any favorite, then click on 'sort by name'. When I do this, 'sort by name does not come up. You see, I don't wait very well.. I want the answer NOW! Besides- this is making me nuts. I don't want to have to wait until Monday, when the computer server/office opens! Help please! Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
theroselvr

Do you still need this?

Open IE, in the top menu bar to the right of view; click Favorites. While pointing the mouse to the 1st name listed, right click & then select sort by name near the bottom of the drop down window.

What I usually do is make folders in the "Links" entry for my favorite sites. I have a folder for Computer, Forums, House. My most used links go there. I set IE & Firefox to either open with about 10 different sites or one browser I used in XP called Crazy Browser had an option to load the last open tabs. I'm on Vista now and haven't loaded Crazy Browser on it yet. Boy do I miss it.

Bookmark   December 13, 2007 at 4:50PM
More Discussions
Well Water
For those of you with well water only. What systems...
Renee0829
Need help with 8' porch drop-off
I'm needing ideas for terracing steps from my front...
Beth LaPenna
Mushcreek we need a March thread:)
Hi Mushcreek, Will you start a new thread for March?...
zorroslw1
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
Can I get a closet in/next to an 8'x8' ensuite bath?
I have 8'x8' inside the walls for a bath, and I'd like...
edwardshome
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™