Young Looking at 41!

nan03August 8, 2006

I know some people would not think of this as a problem in this youth-obsessed world. I am 41 yrs old and look extremely young for my age that it is almost embarassing when I tell people my age. In fact, I got proofed for a drink recently at a concert. I think I dress appropriate for my age but I am petite which just adds to the "youth" look!! Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
centralcacyclist

I can't believe this is really a huge problem for you! But, if you are really concerned with looking more "serious" here goes. Don't shop in the Junior Department, head for the Petite Department. Buy more tailored, structured clothes as opposed to cotton jersey tops, etc. If you wear long hair, don't wear it in a ponytail or cut it to shoulder or just below shoulder length. I can't think of anything else right now.

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 5:43PM
julie_m

Lucky Nan..age will grab you soon enough. I'm 46 and would die to be asked for my ID. Go with it and enjoy, it won't last forever. Signed GREEN WITH ENVY!!!

Bookmark   August 8, 2006 at 11:53PM
yvette123

You are joking ,right? Girl, enjoy your luck and don't complain about looking young - or before you know it the "Wrinkle Goddess" will say - "hey, we forget her!" LOL

I don't look 51 and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bookmark   August 10, 2006 at 6:54PM
smileyrose

I don't look my age either and I love looking young for my age...no complaints here! Enjoy it whilst you can! :)

SmileyRose

Bookmark   August 17, 2006 at 6:02PM
shaun

I like to tell people that I'm 10 yrs OLDER than I am, that way they think I look so good for my age! So far, this works for me. hahaha!

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 10:01AM
centralcacyclist

Shaun, you and my mother! ROFL!

Bookmark   August 20, 2006 at 11:48AM
More Discussions
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™