I need a professional makeup artist to teach me

michelle_phxazAugust 24, 2011

I went to MAC before my sister's wedding and we got our makeup done there for about $50 each. I was so nervous and excited that I didn't pay any attention to what the artist was doing, and they did an amazing job. I also went on a Court TV show last summer and they did my makeup but she didn't have the time to work with me showing me techniques.

I don't have a lot of money but I know for a fact that I do have enough cosmetics in my bathroom to make it work, but I am afraid that the girls at Clinique and Estee Lauder types of counters expect you to buy all the products that they use on you, I would guess they are paid commission and I want instructions for free or a nominal price.

Please tell me the name of a store that will help me. I went into Sephora a couple of times but I was actually there to buy concealer and a spray foundation, but normally I wear what I can buy at Target or Walgreens.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jomuir

What about youtube, they have videos about just about anything. There may be something there that would help? I have gotten some good info on the mineral makeup I like to use from youtube. Good luck.

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 11:34AM
michelle_phxaz

Brilliant, I found lots of tips there. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 24, 2011 at 10:20PM
jomuir

no problem, now get back to work on ridding ths/gw of spammers girl!

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 1:19PM
michelle_phxaz

LOL!! Thanks, Jomuir!

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 8:12PM
susielou

Find a Merle Norman near you...The company is 80 years old....they keeo up with the times. I can never find make up that stays on my face....theirs is truly beautiful AND the best part is it is try before you buy! They also have some great resources on their website

Bookmark   September 3, 2011 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™