micro dermabrasion

mitchdesjAugust 6, 2009

I just had a micro dermabrasion session followed by a collagen treatment;

first time for me, I really enjoyed it as far as how clear my skin appears.

I'll be doing it again on the 18th, I think I'm hooked.

The technician told me she used 30% strength, so I would not be too red.

I can see that I'm a little pinker than usual but I reacted well, it seems.

anyone else had this done ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scarlett2001

I had the lazer facial and it was wonderful! Also had some lazer hair removal..where has it been all my life?

Bookmark   August 7, 2009 at 9:29PM
riverrat1

Don't you just love how smooth your face feels! I love how smooth my skin feels after I've had microdermabrasion. I also found that some of my pores were actually smaller. About 8 months ago I started a new skin regimen and along with that came dry flakey skin for the first 4 months of treatment. YUK! I had 3 microdermabrasion treatments, 4 weeks apart, and it took care of the peeling flakey problem. I did turn a little pink for a few days but no more so than the skin regimen I'm on. I'll probably set up another 3 sessions at the beginning of the year and continue to do so until it doesn't matter to me anymore ;-)

Bookmark   August 7, 2009 at 9:39PM
eccentric

This face can't handle any of it. If you decide that you are getting too "pink" or want another professional opinion I can tell you where to go in Toronto to see a nurse trained by a top plastic surgeon (and working with one) who does this. I met her when the doctor removed some moles for me. She was President of the North American Association of Plastic Surgical Nurses. Actually, she wrote a paper about me - and how weird my reactions are. You are going again so soon??!

Bookmark   August 11, 2009 at 11:24AM
mitchdesj

Yes; I went yesterday , it was 2 weeks since the initial session. She controls the machine to a milder abrasion level on my cheeks and sensitive areas.
I am doing it again next week, then will skip a month before the next one.

I am just a little pink right now, and don't feel any tingling. She does intense hydrating with cremes right after the dermabrasion.

I can't believe how clear my complexion is right now.

Bookmark   August 19, 2009 at 7:14AM
Happyladi

I had 12 sessions done and at the end my skin looked no better. I saw no difference at all.

Bookmark   August 21, 2009 at 11:31PM
Jamie

I noticed over the course of a few sessions that the flow of granules is important. When it worked well for me I had granules in my hairline afterwards. When the tech skimped on the granules (none in my hairline afterwards) the result was not as evident.

I tend toward enlarged pores and sallowness. The treatments refined and cleansed my skin a lot.

I had this done in my mid-late 40's. I was thinking that it would be too much for older skin -- I'm 56 now. Do you agree?

Bookmark   August 22, 2009 at 9:38AM
mitchdesj

jamies, I don't see why it couldn't be done more mildly, if your skin is a little thinner now.

happiladi, I see the benefit of the microdermabrasion as being a better exfoliation tool, which then allows your products to be better absorbed .
I follow my session with a facial that includes extra hydrating and once I'm home, I really feel that my skin is clear and clean and a little plumped up.
I've had to use loose powder over my foundation because I'm too shiny without it. Before the mdermabrasion, my skin was matte and dull.

Bookmark   August 24, 2009 at 6:36AM
More Discussions
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™