Help! I have a fuzzy face!

michelle_phxazAugust 17, 2010

I have always had good skin, but in the last week or so I have noticed lots of soft hairs on my cheeks.

Any idea why or what is a good hair removal? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sylviatexas1

If it's really soft & fine & sparse, you might just use a good scrub.

That would be easier on your skin than a chemical depilatory.

Depending on your age & other conditions, you might want to check into hormone or herbal supplements;
peri-menopause could be causing this.

I wish you the best.

Bookmark   August 18, 2010 at 5:45PM
michelle_phxaz

Thanks Sylvia, I will try it, but I think you are onto something with the hormone comment. I need to get my thyroid levels checked anyway, I will talk to my doctor about it.

Bookmark   August 19, 2010 at 6:53AM
dilly_dally

Shaving with an electric razor will not leave stubble. It works. No chance of burns like with depilatories either. Cheaper than waxing too.

Seriously, just run an electric razor over the face every other day. Lots of women shave their face when they get older. They just don't talk about it.

Bookmark   August 24, 2010 at 10:18PM
socks

There was once a very long thread on GardenWeb, women sharing how they treat facial hair. It was amazing how many deal with this issue in a wide variety of ways. You are right, Dilly.

Bookmark   August 26, 2010 at 11:34AM
goldy

Use a regular razor and run it over your entire face.You will get rid of unwanted hairs and dead skin.Men because they shave have real soft skin.I'm 81 and have skin of a baby.I have been shaving for thirty years.There!!!!! it's out and I'm not ashame.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 7:22PM
michelle_phxaz

Thanks Goldy, but doesn't shaving make the hairs grow back thicker and stronger and more stubbly? I don't shave my legs often and they have very soft, whitish blonde hair on them that isn't noticeable unless you look really close. I don't ever shave my thighs and there is even softer and less hair on them. The only spots my hair grows in stubbly is under my arms and my calves when I do shave them.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 10:51PM
More Discussions
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™