Make-up & lip primers

michie1August 18, 2005

Has anyone tried them? I heard they smooth out skin texture so that foundation & make-up glides more smoothly? Is this another hoax or does it really work?

Michie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinacat_sunflower

this is the only one of your questions that didn't send me in to a laughing fit...

it kind of depends on your skin texture and temperment.

I don't need a lip primer, myself. never had a problem with bleeding or feathering, and honestly, I PREFER stuff that wear off over the course of the day- the stains and inks and 'long wear' stuff tends to look unnatural to me.

don't need a foundation primer, either- I don't wear foundation, so it's a moot issue.

I DO, however, own and use an eyeshadow primer, and a fancy 'concealer' brush to apply it with.

it does indeed work like a charm under powders and creams. keeps eyeliner from migratine, powders from slipping into the crease of your eyelid- I don't use it often, only when faced with photographers (formal parties, interviews) or adverse conditions (sometimes, even the old hippy needs to dress up in summertime ;)

a tube (I get mine from Beauticontrol, through a dealer, but they're all mostly the same general formula, think covergirl makes a fine one) lasts me longer than you're supposed to keep makeup, partly because I use the brush to apply it (also keeps it from getting icky)

Bookmark   August 18, 2005 at 4:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Since my lipstick feathers, I use Lip Fix and clear lip liner , and regular lip liner, and I have no problems when I use them.

Bookmark   August 26, 2005 at 10:38PM
More Discussions
Wigs
I have decided to purchase a couple Paula Young wigs,...
lucillle
Does Bare minerals make your face itch????
Another thread about Bare minerals...Sorry, But I need...
Carrie_AZ
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Sponsored Products
Dolce Towel Bar
Signature Hardware
Eurofase Lamps Trillium 31-3/4 in. Bronze Table Lamp 13677-015
Home Depot
Dynamic Rugs Fantasia Fuchsia 1702 Kids Area Rug - FA351702220
$129.99 | Hayneedle
Realm Low Voltage Spice Mini Pendant
$329.99 | Bellacor
Pre-owned Vintage Space Age Dining Chairs - Set of 6
$600.00 | Chairish