remembering a soldier and a friend

mightyanvilJune 11, 2007

At av's request here's the original

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amyks

I know that is a picture of your brother, but you are identical twins....That makes you smart AND good lookin'! I knew it, I just knew it. I can tell smart and good lookin' a mile away, I'm married to it;-)

Amy

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 10:54PM
mightyanvil

Calm down. The photo is 39 years old. But I did marry a beautiful younger woman 30 years ago.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 7:48AM
avjohnson

Thanking you over here too...

(So I guess you're smart and distinguished now)

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 11:29AM
mightyanvil

Being called well-preserved is the highest compliment I can hope for now.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 12:05PM
amyks

You can't fool me. I happen to know that men and good wine improve with age.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 4:59PM
mightyanvil

You're too kind, trust me. Does that mean I can drink more wine as I get older, if it's good? There could be a conflict there but I'm prepared to overlook it in the interest of scholarship. I'll be in Italy for the next 10 days with my lovely wife shamelessly trailing after our 16 year old daughter who is touring Italy with a high school choral group. It's the price she must pay for having "mature parents" (as they described us in the birthing classes). I shall test your theory about good wine and report back.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 10:16PM
amyks

You are then taking my dream trip, my loving husband has promised to get me there in the next year or two. It was going to be next year for my 40th birthday, but I have volunteered to delay for a year because of building the house. We'll see. I can be really frugal when I want to!

I don't blame you for trailing a 16 year old in a foreign country. I will trail all of mine shamelessly in this country or another! Have a wonderful trip, and drink plenty of that superior Italian wine!!

Amy

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 10:52PM
mightyanvil

"Mighty Anvil 2", Intelligence Captain and G-2 officer of the Military Assistance Command Vietnam (MACV) Advisor Team 98 in Bien Hoa, receiving the Bronze Star with Valor from Col. Abrams (who later replaced Gen. Westmoreland)

He survived incredible risks in secret missions in Laos and Cambodia, the Tet offensive, and night helicopter actions but lived only 8 weeks after tests for persistent flue-like intestinal discomfort showed he had abdominal cancer 35 years later.

Bookmark   April 7, 2008 at 11:35PM
lroth1_twmi_rr_com

I was assigned to An Thoi Vietnam with the Navy Avisory team #159 from April 1966 to April 1967, is anyone alive now? Larry Roth

Bookmark   April 28, 2011 at 6:21AM
More Discussions
Master Bedroom Floorplan Review
Hello, I am currently working on building a new house...
mary8153
Have a personal build blog? Link it here!
I have LOVED looking through all the blogs that have...
sweet.reverie
Please critique plan.
Please critique plan. Thank you!
einajr
Nantahala / Amicalola / Tranquility / Garrell and Associates hous
My husband and I have been planning our new house for...
DivinityMorgan
homeowner's association
totally OT, but... would you, did you, or will you be...
energy_rater_la
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™