Bare minerals makeup

ladymineralsJuly 3, 2006

Hi, I have been reading the forum about bare minerals makeup. I own a silk flower/makeup boutique and decided to try bare minerals before putting it in my shop. I started with Bare Escentuals and absolutely loved it. I hate liquid foundation, especially in the summer, and liked the idea of a powder instead. I have been wearing it for about 1-1/2 years now and will NEVER go back to liquid makeup. My husband is a doctor and has an aesthetic clinic and recommends minerals makeup to his patients after chemical peels, etc. You MUST try this if you haven't already, as I tell my clients, "You will wonder where you have been all your life". Good luck!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starz

I thought BE was good too when I want the powder look. Have you tried adding camellia oil to it? It's a really easy way to give you a dewy glow. You can take your minerals and sprinkle them in one hand, add a couple of drops of camelliabotanic.com and apply. It makes your skin feel like silk. I like both BE minerals and the nourish brand. I agree, will never go back to the old foundation, PLUS it ages your skin.

Bookmark   July 4, 2006 at 3:19AM
jennymck

Expensive! I want to look good & not go Broke! I switched to, "Elegant Minerals."

I was ecstatic to find mineral makeup. I can't say enough.

But, "Bare Escentuals" is really expensive.

They always have the commercials running, so you know they add that into the cost of the product. Ouch!!

I wanted to look good and not go broke doing it!

I found, "Elegant Minerals" using the yahoo search engine.

They put sifters on all of their jars and that makes it easier to control the powder.

I've gotten a mineral makeup through the mail and the makeup ends all over the place when you open the jar.

Elegant Minerals put sifter seals their foundation jars.

This keeps the powder from getting into the lid during shipping.

They've always answered my questions really fast. And all the jars are factory sealed too.

I wanted the same high quality product at an affordable price.

Elegant Minerals works better for me and my pocketbook!

Here is a link that might be useful: Elegant Minerals Makeup

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 3:42PM
hayden2239

jennymck, thanks for the tip. I ordered from elegant minerals yesterday, and you're right, the price is MUCH better!

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™