Are two ear piercings in each ear lobe out of style?

mmoo1978July 19, 2007

I see lots of women wearing a stud earring in the top and a hoop/dangle earring in the bottom. What do you think -- is this look old?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ninos

I still see many women with the multiple earrings. Personally i think it looks outdated. I took mine out several years ago and left 1 piercing in each ear.

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 8:15AM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I don't like multiple piercings; seems tacky, junky, cheap, and ugly. But then I'm not a fan of the nose stud either.
Or ankle bracelets...

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 8:47AM
bud_wi

Just do what YOU want. You're not going to please or impress EVERYBODY no matter what you choose.

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 10:14AM
Gina_W

I see everything - I think it's just anything goes according to your own style. I keep threatening to get a nose stud - maybe for my birthday. Either that or dye my hair some outrageous color. Must be female mid-life crisis - LOL!

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 3:58PM
jcrowley99

I had double pierced ears in high school but I let the second hole close because my fiance did not like it. We have been married now for over twenty years. On my 35th birthday, four years ago, I got the second hole re-pierced. I wanted to be able to wear my diamond studs on a daily basis, but still have fun matching my earrings to my outfit. I usually only wear studs, if I wear dangling earrings I leave the second hole bare. I figure that now that I am all grown up I can do what I like! I think wearing two studs together looks really pretty. I actually also have a small 3 stone jeweled hoop the I wear with my diamonds, that looks pretty too. If you are younger you can probably do a more dramatic look with hoops or longer earrings. Have fun! If you don't like it, you can always let it close up. Just don't get you upper ear pierce, getting cartilage pierced can cause problems, not to mention that I have heard from friends that it hurts a lot more!

Bookmark   July 20, 2007 at 6:47PM
weed30

I have one hole in my left ear and three holes in my right ear. I wear very tiny studs in the 'extra' holes. Usually silver, but I also have a few others with colored stones. They are very tiny too.

It wasn't really a plan, I got hole #3 a few years after hole #2.

Bookmark   July 22, 2007 at 11:37PM
Iwontgivemyaddresstoyou_hotmail_com

The great thing about your body is you can do what you want. Just be yourself!

Bookmark   June 14, 2011 at 9:55PM
hoboken_lavabit_com

Not at all! My wife has 3 lobe piercings in each ear plus right cartilage. I have single piercings in each lobe, and plan on doubles plus cartilage in both ears. Both of us are professionals, although I remove my earrings for client visits. My double earlobe and cartilage piercings will be for our private enjoyment only, while I will wear the single piercings often in public.

Bookmark   July 21, 2011 at 6:37PM
More Discussions
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™