Microdermabrasion Therapy

barbbJuly 31, 2003

I was just wondering if anyone has had this procedure done and if so what you thought of the results. Thanks so much for your information.

BarbB

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Terrapots

I've had four treatments so far at a doctor's office and I'm very pleased. I also use AHA 20%. There are very subtle changes on deep wrinkles, depends on how much sun damage you have but definitely improved. If you want to stay ahead of the ageing you have to keep exfoliating any way you can, eat fish and green vegs, avoid sugar and stay out of the sun, etc,etc. Wish I knew that 50 years ago.

Bookmark   September 16, 2003 at 1:32AM
barbb

Hi Terrapots,

Thanks so much for your answer. I haven't done anything about it yet, but we do have a salon in the area which offers this as one of their treatments. I did receive a private reply from another gal who said she didn't see any results from the many treaments she had. Guess it all depends on the skin's condition and what your expectations are.

As far as staying ahead of aging 'fraid it's a little late for that, but I'd sure like to preserve what I have left.

Thanks again, Terrapots, for you help and think I'll give it a try---I mean what have I got to lose except perhaps some $$$$$.

BarbB

Bookmark   September 16, 2003 at 1:24PM
Terrapots

I note microdermrasion term is used for a variety of methods. There are some that are done using crystals with a vibrator, many of which you can do yourself. They sell this at Sally's for about $40. I had mine done in a dermatologist's office and they use like an abraiding tool with a vacuum. A series of six treatments costs around $400 where I go. Also the esthetician who did them encouraged me to continue to use the 20% AHA at the same time so the treatments would be more effective. Good luck with whatever you try.

Bookmark   September 17, 2003 at 1:39AM
More Discussions
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Coconut Oil
I have been hearing so much abut the benefits of Coconut...
mizscarlett2001
Sponsored Products
KOHLER Jetted Bathtubs Portrait 5.5 ft. Whirlpool Tub in Biscuit K-1457-LV-96
Home Depot
Americh Dove 6036 Whisper Bathtub (60" x 36" x 23")
Modern Bathroom
Home and Garden Spas Hot Tubs & Accessories 6-Person 51 Jet Spa LPI51PE
Home Depot
Chromed Brass Shower Head with Shower Arm
TheBathOutlet
Chrome Full Function Shower Head with Shower Arm
TheBathOutlet
Shiatsu MSC005 Power Massage Recliner
Overstock.com
Americh Alanah 6032 Whisper Bathtub (60" x 32" x 23")
Modern Bathroom
Mist LED Accent Lamp with Bamboo Base
$49.91 | Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™