Want Flip Flops?

cbarkstonJuly 11, 2006

A friend of mine sent me a letter that will help you collect up to 36 free pair of flip flops. Here's how it works: You send a pair to the first name on the top of the list, move the second name to the top position and then put your name in the second position and send the letter to 6 friends who each send it to 6 of their friends, who all send you flip flops. Everyone needs to follow through in order for it to work well, but one of my friends has received 10 pair so far. She said it's been really fun for her to see where they all come from (all over the US). If you are interested in participating, let me know and I'll pass the letter on to you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wildchild

This is called a chain letter. They are illegal. To understand just Google it. Pyramid schemes don't work and end up taking advantage of people at worst and fizzle out early at best. The flip-flop scheme has been around for some time.

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 8:14PM
cbarkston

WOW! Thanks for the heads up! I had no idea this was a chain letter or that it was an illegal activity. When I Googled, there were multiple news articles about the Great Flip-FLop Scam. I was not aware that this scheme had been around for such a LONG time! "Unsuspecting citizens bilked out of millions of pairs of flip-flops over the years by a hardened crime ring now doing time in Alcatraz for their heinous crimes." Who would have ever thought? I was invited to participate by my best friend from high school---whose 9 year old daughter was invited by one of her 9 year old friends. You know---I've always suspected that they were a crime family and now this confirms it. I wonder if the FBI is looking for them??? Gotta go...I'm going to do my good deed for the day and turn them in...

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 11:01AM
Happyladi

The problem is also size. People's feet vary quite a lot. A nine year old's feet won't fit the same size I do or hardly anyone elses either. If you end up with 36 pairs of flip flops proabably only a few would actually fit.

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 12:58PM
cbarkston

When you add your name to the list, you include your shoe size...But remember, it's against the law...

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 7:00PM
More Discussions
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™