Shower threshold - looking for options

shnaz224January 30, 2014

Hi

We are doing our master bath and I looking for a threshold for the shower. The standard thresholds that the local tile places sell - come in 3 options and none of then match my floor tile - it's officially grey but has beige/ brown in it. My wall tiles are white.
I saw caeserstone in shiitake color which seams to match really well and now I am trying to work out where I can buy that size price caeserstine/ quartz or another solid surface company.

Any input would be great - thanks.

Sarah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jewelisfabulous

Are you getting new countertops? In my remodel, I'm having the granite fabricator prepare a piece to be used for the shower threshold (and for a shelf in the niche). Maybe that would be an option for you?

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 4:28PM
raehelen

Just to add to Jewel's suggestion of using a matching granite threshold, the granite fabricator I deal with carries some solid surface pieces in his yard. I limit myself to picking remnants out of the yard, cuz he prices them just by the size and you can snag a really nice quality piece for much less than 'market value'.

Then again, a threshold could be relatively pricey, cuz you're paying for the fabricating/finishing, and even though it's a narrow piece, you have to have both sides finished off. Just the niche shelf (from same slab as my counter) cost $75.

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 4:41PM
shnaz224

Thanks.

I failed to mention we bought our vanities and countertop altogether so we don't really have that option;(

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 4:52PM
shnaz224

Thanks

Has anyone use daltile fabrique gris linen tile and shitake caeserstone?
I found a place that will cut smaller prices of caeserstone I just want to make sure color is right;)

Bookmark   February 3, 2014 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Small bathroom from scratch - layout help needed
http://www.homestyler.com/designprofile/b86dc96a-7c58-42f3-8ba3-408b7c9610f2...
peace_rose
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
Finished Conestoga cabs bathroom
This wasn't our usual full DIY, we paid for the tile...
justterrilynn
Marble bathroom question?
I am a lurker on this forum and have learnt a lot from...
sokool1
Vanities on opposite walls -- how much width?
Hey all. We are trying to design a long and narrow...
jenmendel23
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™