footless panty hose

yborgalJuly 24, 2003

I'm looking for panty hose that end at mid calf length. Is there such an item on the market and who makes it? Or do I just have to cut a regular pair?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mitchdesj

Mona, if you cut them, won't they ride up your leg ?

Have you tried the undies that go to mid calf; they look like bicycle shorts. They are lightweight spandex, tummy tamers and all around figure smoothers.....

Bookmark   July 26, 2003 at 10:14AM
yborgal

Mitch, they probably would ride up. The reason I was looking for the stockings rather than the long undies is I wanted just a little control but not as much as the capri length girdles. I found out Spanx makes them. Now I just have to see if they're carried locally.

Bookmark   July 26, 2003 at 1:14PM
mitchdesj

mona, you are right, I bought 2 pairs of these thin girdles and honestly they are too warm. They do give a slim look but I feel so "sausage casing" stuffed in them.

Bookmark   July 26, 2003 at 3:53PM
ArtsyCraftsy

I have tried the L'eggs brand shapers. They come in a mid-thigh and a mid-calf length. They are merchandised and sold with pantyhose at department and drug stores. I also tried No-nonsense brand. No Nonsense were hot and scratchy.... yuck!
The L'eggs were microfiber and surprisingly cool and comfortable. I wore them under a silky bias-cut skirt and was very happy with their tummy-flattening ability. If you want to look smooth and 10 lbs. lighter they are great! I find them perfectly comfortable for office wear, but in the heat of summer they would probably get too warm, say at an outdoor function or where you were doing a lot of walking/dancing.

Karen

Bookmark   July 28, 2003 at 10:34AM
davissue_zone9

you want spanx, expensive but so comfortable you will wear them all the time. They have a web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: spanx

Bookmark   September 3, 2003 at 1:15AM
weed30

Wow - these look great! Thanks for the link!!

Bookmark   September 3, 2003 at 9:50AM
weed30

hehe - just bought me a pair on eBay - a pair of "Power Panties" for $13.00

Love that name - "Power Panties" -

I will now be known as: weed30 ~ Princess of Power ;)

Bookmark   September 3, 2003 at 1:38PM
mitchdesj

I'm in New York city this week and have tried on the Spanx pantyhose, love them; I also bought their knee highs which are supposed to not bind the calf..... I have skinny legs yet knee highs bother me...

I have a few formal affairs coming up and needed some kind of support so the Spanx pantyhose seem to fit the bill; I am bringing home a few pairs since we don't have them in Montreal....

Their original claim to fame are the footless pantyhose; did anyone ever try them ?

Bookmark   October 13, 2004 at 6:26PM
riverrat1

I will buy these only if they help me look like the body topless girl on the opening page of the spanx website, high heels and all. No seriously, I will be trying the footless pantyhose.
Great buy on e-bay weed! Will try and let you all know.

Bookmark   October 15, 2004 at 10:37AM
mitchdesj

My spanx pantyhose are not footless, they are like regular ones.

Bookmark   October 15, 2004 at 6:19PM
mitchdesj

A lot of those available now, with the now popular look of wearing those under a skirt; I like the look and it suits me; it solves the problem of white ghostly legs in the summer.

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 7:40AM
mitchdesj

there are still all kinds of capris and footless tights available, and I'm still wearing them, I guess I don't change my style too often.

Bookmark   April 21, 2009 at 8:51AM
More Discussions
Good night cream
I have tried a number of night creams and wondered...
gumspring45
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™