What is the latest on handbags-- big, small, color,style, etc.

dragonfly2July 23, 2006

I see some huge handbags out there, is this the latest now? I don't like the handbags with all the heavy hardware on them,,makes them heavy even before you put anything in them. I know the color for Fall is brown again this year,

but what about size and style?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tahoe

I think the ones with the hardware are real popular but I don't like one with too much. I prefer a large, not huge, bag. It seems about anything is in style.

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 1:22PM
mitchdesj

I know what you mean, some of them are downright clunky and heavy; I always do a dry run when buying a handbag; I'll take the contents of the one I'm wearing and fill the new one to get a feel of it. I like a few outside pockets for cell phone and sunglasses or else I check out the width of the top acess.
The size of the wallet you carry makes a difference, it has to be easy to take it in or out.
There's a wide variety out there; I love bags........

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 7:58AM
jannie

I buy a bag and use it to Death. I find all my purses are the same-must be leather (wears like iron), must have a shoulder strap, must close by zipper or other secure flap, and (hopefully) has at least two sections-one for frequently used items like keys and cash, another for storage (memo pad, checkbook,etc). My pet peeve is women who go grocery shopping and leave their purse in the cart. Mine never leaves my shoulder. I've never been robbed or lost a purse.

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 8:50AM
surfergal

yes I too have to have outside pockets now, one a zip around 3 sided organizer for credit cards, change purse etc. on other side My current purse has cell phone pocket with magnetic snap and another larger pocket I use for my work id badge - goes in there soon as I am outa work. Also has a zippered outside pocket I use for reading glasses and medicines, and zippered pocket inside. Wish there were more pockets LOL

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 12:40PM
dragonfly2

Thanks for the input,,, I think I found what I am looking for, after many take homes and returns.
The latest addition to my handbag collection is leather, med-large but not bulky,classic but not old fashioned. A large pocket on either side of the main bag,, and one smaller one along the outside. zippered top, inside big center zippered compartment divides the main section into two parts., plus the usual pocket for cell phone and zip pocket for pens--
it's an Aigner-- and it may just work. Just came in and the only one in the store, so I grabbed it. Seems well made, the only thing I don't like is the lining is brown,, I like the lighter shade linings,,easier to find stuff.

Bookmark   July 30, 2006 at 9:26AM
More Discussions
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™