Tea Tree oil for acne - it works

mommabirdJuly 26, 2009

My oldest son was using the Rx gel (can't remember the name) that costs $165 a tube. It cleared up the acne but left his face dry and red.

His friend's mom told me about tea tree oil. I went to our neighborhood health food store and bought a bottle. The owner told me to have him wet a cotton ball and put ONE DROP of tea tree oil on it, then rub it all over his face.

The results are amazing. His acne is almost completely gone and his skin looks great, is not dry and is smooth.

I'd never head of Tea Tree Oil so I wanted to share this with everyone.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gmrbtw

I have had acne issues my whole life and attributed it to being allergic to acidic drinks and foods like tomato sauce, orange juice, grapefruits, etc. Well, come to find out I accidentally tried the Clear & Clean tube that was sitting in our medicine cabinet. I have not had one outbreak since using it every day. Even better, I can now enjoy all that food I have been avoiding for decades. I highly recommend it to anyone. BTW, I also purchased and tried ProActive with no luck.

Hope This Helps

George

Here is a link that might be useful: At Home Teeth

Bookmark   July 28, 2009 at 12:59PM
centralcacyclist

I'm going to try this for my son. His skin is sensitive and acne products tend to dry him out too much.

Bookmark   August 2, 2009 at 11:50AM
gardenlover25

Tea tree oil is really great in treating acne issues. I'm also using this for almost 3 years now and my face is really smooth and not dry. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   August 6, 2009 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Good night cream
I have tried a number of night creams and wondered...
gumspring45
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™