Need help on skin

tahoeJuly 6, 2006

I have large pores on my nose - what do you use, if you have this problem? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foggyj

I was going to ask the same thing, only my facial pores are large all over. I was of the mind that once the pores were large, there wasn't much, short of micro brasion, that would restore the skin and close up the pores. I hope someone has a good answer for us.
I very seldom use any foundation.

Bookmark   July 6, 2006 at 11:15PM
hayden2239

Wow! Am I glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem! Now, hopefully someone out there will have an idea for us.

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 11:28AM
Boopadaboo

what is microbrasion, and how does that help? count me in the big pore club. :(

Bookmark   July 11, 2006 at 12:28PM
tahoe

Come on girls, surely someone has some suggestions on this.

Bookmark   July 12, 2006 at 9:43AM
foggyj

I will ask the woman at the cosmetics counter at our department store, next time I go there. I would expect her to try to sell me a product of theirs, but I'll just try to get information too.

Bookmark   July 12, 2006 at 2:06PM
Boopadaboo

what is microbrasion, and how does that help? count me in the big pore club. :(

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 9:11AM
foggyj

I'm sorry.... I meant dermabrasion! I guess no one has an answer yet. Whatever is causing the pores to remain large,needs to be removed wouldn't it?

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 4:39PM
foggyj

I went to the library and got Paula Begoun's book -The Beauty Bible. There is very good information about caring for the face. I'm going to try the cleaning process she describes. I've been using bar soap, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the results.
If you can, take a look at this particular book. Too much to explain here.

Bookmark   July 13, 2006 at 9:22PM
coolmammajamma

As far as I've seen, from my "research" at Sephora and other places like that, there are only products that make your pores "appear" smaller (whatever that means), not that actually make them smaller.

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 8:58PM
foggyj

The book says to use a gentle liquid or gel cleanser and exfoliate, also with non-abrasive gel or liquid.

I really think I am probably going to have this condition for a lifetime. It's only pretty noticeable outside in bright light. I think I have done all the wring things in regard to taking care of my face. Due to lack of knowledge and little interest when I was younger.

Bookmark   July 14, 2006 at 9:06PM
flnative

I was told by my doctor that you really can't do much to minimize them permanately.
Perscriptives sells a good daily fix to wear under foundation. It is called
Super Line Preventor. I feel like it works and makes my pores look better. However when it washes off I have large pores again. There is also something called Dr Feelgood that you alse wear under your foundation. It is made by Benefit. I liked it better but I had an allergic reaction to it.

Bookmark   August 14, 2006 at 10:04PM
robinwv

Large pores are something you have forever. What you need to focus on is making sure you keep your skin clean, using a good pore minimizer (makes them appear smaller: Clinique Pore Minimizer, DermaDoctor Porefect are two I've used that are pretty decent), use a foundation that doesn't settle into pores (Avon Matte Foundation is wonderful), and a loose powder. Some people have found that rubbing an ice cube over their face also helps. I always use an astringent after cleaning and like good old cheap Clean and Clear. I don't know about you but I also have oil gusher skin (oily within 1/2 of cleaning) and blackheads, so my routine has been to use MaryKay Timewise Facial Soap, Clean and Clear Astringent, pore minimizer and a mattifier (can also make pores appear smaller - I like Smashbox Antishine or Face to Face Antishine), foundation, concealer, and loose powder. I also like a special washcloth that I've used for years called Old Vic - it has a nubby texture that exfoliates gently and is available online from both Amazon and The Vermont Country Store.

Bookmark   August 17, 2006 at 6:52PM
jamielovescoffee__az

This won't be a popular answer, but here goes. ACCUTANE. I used to have big pores and acne. Not hideous acne, but a mild, yet persistent problem. I went to a dermatologist and he suggested accutane. I thought it was only for bad cystic acne, but he gave me a milder dosage for about six weeks. Yes, it's drastic, but what a difference! That was almost 20 years ago. Other than terribly dry skin during treatment, I had no side effects.

Bookmark   August 25, 2006 at 1:20AM
More Discussions
bath soap
What is your favorite bath soap and do you use antibacterial...
Pat
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Sponsored Products
Design House Outdoor Lighting. Mason RLM Wall Mount Outdoor Oil Rubbed Bronze Da
$41.61 | Home Depot
Lilac Embossed Checkerboard Cabana Sheet Set
$16.99 | zulily
Lush Decor Horizontal Stripe Blackout Curtain Panel Pair
Overstock.com
Sahara Fans Ceiling Fans Tortola 52 in. Outdoor Bronze Ceiling Fan 10060
Home Depot
Wendy Flocked Luxury 7-piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Hoohobbers Laundry Hamper - 460-94
$84.00 | Hayneedle
Raised Double Bowl Regal Extra Small Ceramic Diner - RDB9XS-BLACK-WHITE BOWLS