Kohn & Sons Dining Set

TexBrenJuly 17, 2011

Hi:

I just purchased an antique dining set and I am trying to locate some info on it. I think it is probably 20s or 30s, because of the large carved legs, but I maybe wrong. I'm new to antiques - except the liking of them.

Anyway, on the underside of the table tob is a stencil that says S. Kohn & Sons Furniture. There is also a paper tag attached to the table base at the top that has some numbers and some words that I can't make out and the words furniture store.

If any one knows any thing about S. Kohn & Sons Furniture, please let me know. I will try to get a photo of the table, chairs and sideboard posted by tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

There is info all over the internet on S. Kohn and sons, a furniture manufactory located in Cleveland, Ohio. Here is one link you might enjoy reading. They've been at it for quite awhile and we'd love to see a picture of your set.

Here is one link with some personal history on its founder Solomon Kohn and below is another link about the store.

http://books.google.com/books?id=X4AUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA459&lpg=PA459&dq=s.kohn+and+sons+furniture&source=bl&ots=kKqO9YbDgX&sig=krp4h45flWI9sTEM6-Eot8UptMo&hl=en&ei=Dz8kTpDKFML50gGJuOm9BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here is a link that might be useful: S. Kohn and Sons

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 10:14AM
TexBren

Thanx Calliope:
You were a real help.

BrenTex

Bookmark   July 18, 2011 at 2:54PM
TexBren

I finally have some photos of the dining set. I would really appreciate any information (approx. date, etc) that any one might have.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dining Set

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 2:33PM
Fori is not pleased

You have great taste!

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Need history of "Lister Woodcraft"
Trying to determine if this wooden candlestick is really...
bradleyd_svh
Need help identifying this lamp.
Please see the picture below. The lamp was originally...
Chuck Wert
Need Help to ID Native American Jewelry Bracelet
I picked this up at local garage sale and thought it...
devincu
Japanese Vase
I just got this vase at street sale would like to know...
Dones
W H Grindley Satin White
Can someone help me to identify the pattern? The stamp...
TulipWoolf
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™