cuticle softener

gran5July 11, 2012

I have lots of trouble with dry cuticles, that causes me to pick at them, any ideas for lotion or other products? I have used several, including vit E. Gran

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oliveoyl3

I've tried the unrefined african shea butter from Amazon. A little of it goes a long way to keep my hands, knees, & feet soft. I use it nightly on my smile lines. I have sensitive skin & haven't had a reaction to using the cream.

In winter I sometimes have cracked elbows that a doctor recommended to me in college to use hydrocortisone as treatment & Vaseline to prevent. Used to happen more often when I was younger & wore sweaters made from acrylic fibers.

I bought the 32oz tub in late winter and have only used about 2 T. out of it. I use my finger to put it into a smaller container for daily use, so I'm not opening & closing the big tub. I've shared with an acquaintance who had bandaids on his thumbs because they crack & bleed. He forgets to use it, so not sure if it helps him.

You can whip it with another oil & add some essential oil to scent it if desired. I just add a drop of lavender oil at night to my palms along with the shea butter to spread where I want it.

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™