cuticle softener

gran5July 11, 2012

I have lots of trouble with dry cuticles, that causes me to pick at them, any ideas for lotion or other products? I have used several, including vit E. Gran

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oliveoyl3

I've tried the unrefined african shea butter from Amazon. A little of it goes a long way to keep my hands, knees, & feet soft. I use it nightly on my smile lines. I have sensitive skin & haven't had a reaction to using the cream.

In winter I sometimes have cracked elbows that a doctor recommended to me in college to use hydrocortisone as treatment & Vaseline to prevent. Used to happen more often when I was younger & wore sweaters made from acrylic fibers.

I bought the 32oz tub in late winter and have only used about 2 T. out of it. I use my finger to put it into a smaller container for daily use, so I'm not opening & closing the big tub. I've shared with an acquaintance who had bandaids on his thumbs because they crack & bleed. He forgets to use it, so not sure if it helps him.

You can whip it with another oil & add some essential oil to scent it if desired. I just add a drop of lavender oil at night to my palms along with the shea butter to spread where I want it.

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Does Bare minerals make your face itch????
Another thread about Bare minerals...Sorry, But I need...
Carrie_AZ
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Sponsored Products
Key Lime Green Leather Ladies Travel Kit with Shaver
Classic Hostess
Executive Leather Travel & Grooming Kit
Classic Hostess
Carnation Pink Leather Ladies Travel Kit with Shaver
Classic Hostess
Ocean Blue Leather Ladies Travel Kit with Shaver
Classic Hostess
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™