Creative ways to wear black blazer

schoolbelleJune 14, 2009

I recently bought a deeply discounted wool gabardine black blazer that is beautiful and fits wonderfully. Unfortunately, the sale rack didn't hold any matching pieces so I have to get creative. I've found that not all blacks are alike so the prospects of putting together a suit is rather slim. Actually, I'm more of a creative, casual person so I need some alternatives. How would you put together an outfit using a very traditional looking black blazer? Thanks for your input!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheshe

A red skirt would be nice or a print skirt. Grey pants would work also. White is always sharp with black.
sheshe

Bookmark   June 14, 2009 at 9:55PM
cube1067

Black goes with just about anything. Your blazer would be smashing with denim jeans  especially medium wash to dark wash jeans. I like black and royal blue. If you want to look sophisticated, pair your black blazer with other neutrals  camel , brown(examples: black blazer, black shirt, brown pants; black blazer, animal print shirt, brown pants ), navy, grey. I can feel people cringe with Navy, but navy and black looks good, particularly if it is a bold dark navy print with splashes of white. Then there are the timeless pairings  red/white/black; yellow/white/black. Bold colors with black (such as red, fuschia, yellow) need a third foil, like white or cream  IMHO. DonÂt wear orange and black. DonÂt try to match blacks  instead get some black/white(example: houndstooth) or grey/black (example: tweed, glen plaid) pants to make a suited looked.

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 12:34PM
Terrapots

A blazer will make you look stylish in jeans, black is a good color for this.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 2:04AM
More Discussions
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™