Wedding at the Beach in July

craftylinda59June 30, 2007

As you can see by the name I'm usually on the crafting forum. I have to go to my great-nieces wedding on July 27th. I am 59 and have always worn make-up everyday. Living in Georgia now between the humidity and hotflashes its hard to keep make-up on. I have always cared about my apperance when going out. Does anyone know of any make-up that would stand up in Florida or Georgia heat ? With age my eyebrows are quite thin mostly at the beginning. My husband thinks this is just foolish and go without make-up.

I don't know if anyone could help me with this. I feel stupid for asking this. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Thank you,

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

I would buy a pretty folding fan and have it in my purse ready for profuse use. We don't have a lot of humidity here, so I am not much help. However, I have recently converted to Bare Escentuals (powder form) base makeup, and I really like it. I wonder if people who live in the southeast have used Bare Escentuals and find it does stay put on a hot, humid day. Good luck.

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 3:13PM
craftylinda59

This is in responce to "sheilajoyce" thank you for your help so quickly. That's a good idea about the fan and I will look into the "Bare Escentuals" make-up.

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 10:06PM
mitchdesj

crafty, you can fill in those eyebrows with discreet dabs of a light colored pencil, I use a blonde color and make sure I don't press too hard on it, so you get a more natural look.......

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 7:33AM
jcrowley99

You also may want to look at Pur Minerals, which is a pressed mineral makeup. It is less shiny than bare escentuals (which I used to use) so it is better for skin that gets shiny or has fine lines. I live in IL and just was vacationing in Ohio. It can get very humid in Chicago, and a couple of the days in Ohio were horribly hot and humid. We were touring colleges with our son, so staying inside was not an option. I just stuck a sponge that I had dabbed in the minerals makeup in my bag, and used it to touch up my nose occasionally. Worked great, and I only touched up occasionally (I have allergies so my nose needs help sometimes!).

For your eyebrows : I have a problem with sparse brows because of a thyroid problem. Mine are very sparse on the outside edges. I don't like the way pencils look, they look fake to me. The also don't stay well for me in hot weather. Powders were slightly better. I got an idea watching a beauty show where they used brow grooming gel, it was in a tube like mascara. I could not find this anywhere, so I bought some brown waterproof mascara (I have dark brown hair and brows) and cut the applicator tip in half for better control. Wipe the applicator on a tissue to remove most of the mascara (just like for your lashes) and then apply to your lashes in the direction they grow. Finish by using a brow comb/brush to shape them. You need to use a light hand, but it works great and looks very natural, just like you have thicker brows! If you have a favorite mascara that you can match to your brows, try that. If not, I use Covergirl Professional, it works well and offers a wide color range. I guess it sounds weird to use mascara on your eyebrows, but it looks great, and stays put.

Bookmark   July 4, 2007 at 12:36PM
deb18

Rather than wearing foundation, you could just use a tinted moisturizer or a subtle self-tanner on your face. Clarins makes a nice face tanner.

Bookmark   July 5, 2007 at 7:13PM
craftylinda59

I have been busy making a wedding album & guest book for my
great-niece and just checked back in. All of you ladies have been so helpful with all your advise and tips. I now feel more comfortable in going and having a good time. Thank you so very much to all of you. The women on this board are all very special reaching out to help. God bless you all!
Linda

Bookmark   July 6, 2007 at 8:09PM
More Discussions
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™