pool party

bedeliaJune 25, 2007

We're invited for a July 4th party which includes a pool. I can't bring myself to be seen in public in a swimsuit. (I will when I'm out of town and no one knows me.) I'm 57, am a size 8 so I'm not overweight - it's the cellulite on my legs. It's gross.

The other women are my age but it doesn't bother them. What can I wear, and not be a stick in the mud? Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
labmomma

How about a suit (tankini) covered with a sarong. You don't necessarily have to take the sarong off and it will hide a multitude of sin. In the event you don't have a sarong, you can easily find one at a discount clothing shop that sells bathing suits, or use a large scarf you already have that matches a suit you have.

Most importantly, if you feel more comfortable in a pair of shorts, wear those. If I were the host I would want you to be comfortable and enjoy yourself.

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 5:45AM
ramrice

You could also wear a capri pant type coverup. I have one in a white linen that is very nice.

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 8:23AM
socks

Would one of those little skirted suits help?

If a poll were taken, probably the great majority of women would agree that they don't like being seen in a swimsuit. I certainly would be among them. When I need to wear a suit, I just stay in my beach coverup until just before going in the water, then go in and enjoy it, and as soon as I'm out, the beach coverup is back on me, pronto.

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 11:05AM
bedelia

Thanks for the suggestions. Off to the store today to see what I can find.

Bookmark   June 27, 2007 at 10:07AM
More Discussions
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™