Sports Bras for D cups and beyond.

dawn_59June 30, 2006

Some of us are looking for the best sports bras for active runners and tennis players. I am a size D cup and as another woman said on this site we would like something that would keep our "girls" still and smushed. Any ideas for us?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lynnalexandra

It has been years and years since I bought new sports bras. The ones I bought in large quantities years ago were Champion jog bras. I love them. I wear them now that I'm a 34D, but they also worked after my daughter was born and I was nursing and a 36E cup. Really keeps them from bouncing up and down.

Bookmark   July 2, 2006 at 8:14PM
lynnalexandra

I forgot to mention above that I got my sports bras through Road Runner Catalogue. I think Title Nine sports catalogue has a good selection too.

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 8:36AM
shroppie

The absolute best bra for me (40HH) has been the "serious motion control bra". Not cheap at around $65, but the name lives up to its promise. I go mine at Junonia and the tag is so faded I can't read the actual maker.

Bookmark   July 3, 2006 at 5:33PM
starz

Thanks for the advice ladies, I need one bad!

Bookmark   July 4, 2006 at 3:23AM
shroppie

Finally remembered the maker of the absolutely no bouncing bra.
http://enell.com

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 4:34PM
dawn_59

Hey Shroppie, I went to the sight and I am absolutley sure you are right. And guess what? There are 5 stores that carry it within running distance ;) from my home. Bless you dear lady. Yes, $65 is a lot of money but I only need one. Right? Thanks for "hooking" me up. This sight is the greatest. Now, let's see what other problems can I solve here.....let me think hmnnnnn.

Bookmark   July 5, 2006 at 10:28PM
gurley157fs

Wow! I just checked out the enell site. I'm going to have to try one.

I normally get my DD bras from Fredricks and then when needed where a regular cotton sports bra over the top of the Fredricks bra. So far it has been the only thing that kind of works.

Even then I still have just a little bouncing when I try to jog - which is why I don't jog!

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 10:25PM
flnative

Glamorise makes a great sports bra. I bought mine online at JC Pennys. I am a 36 DDD. I really like the shaping it gives me and the comfort is amazing.

Bookmark   August 13, 2006 at 1:13PM
More Discussions
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
Questioning Long Hair
I haven't had long hair in 45 yrs, I finally let it...
joann_fl
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™