why my ginger lemon drink explode?

sherlyyuDecember 25, 2013

Hi there

Ginger drink is actually natural drink that can be easy to make, but have you ever made ginger drink in plastic bottle and leave it in warm place?. I tried to make in that condition, and after 1 month, my bottle ginger drink explode. Just for your info, it's not ginger ale or ginger beer, just ginger plus lemonade. Any idea, why it happened?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

It's fermenting.

Bookmark   December 26, 2013 at 11:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dudne1

I make my own soda, most often crafted root beer. Fresh ginger has an enzyme, when provided sugar, propagates (or "ferments") creating CO2. I use the ginger's enzymes to carbonate my homemade sodas. The fermenting process does create minute amounts of alcohol less than 1%. To stop the fermentation, keep refrigerated. The ginger in the soda is great for digestion. In the old days, the early 1900s, root beer stands carbonated their root beer with ginger. That root beer was good for you. Companies removed yeast, ginger and natural ingredients from their recipes partly to comply with "no alcohol" rules, partly to make long term storage easy, and partly to make more money. Now all soda sold commercially now, is quite bad for you. Keep drinking your ginger beverages.

Bookmark   February 1, 2015 at 1:52PM
More Discussions
Rejuvelac: The best grain for the palate.
Is there is a noticeable difference in the taste between...
pipsydoodles
SodaStream machine anyone?
I got a 'SodaStream' machine for Christmas & was...
vieja_gw
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
Muffins with Juice pulp
I've been juicing fruits and veggies and throwing away...
starraffy
coffee good or bad?
There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding coffee....
Adams07
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™