Hair & Nails help that works

hilltop_gwJune 10, 2007

Thought I'd share two things that really helped with my chronically poor nails and dry hair (age 50 & post-menopausal). I thought I'd tried every nail polish, hair creme, shampoo or cure-all, but these have actually worked.

For my hair - I started taking 1000 mg flax oil soft gels. Hair finally feels softer & silky & I can grow it a little longer.

For my nails I found a capsule called Appearex. Check out their web-site & get a coupon here: http://www.appearex.com/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bud_wi

Sounds like spam.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 5:41AM
hilltop_gw

Sorry bud_wi, should have made myself more clear. I am a farmwife from Nebraska who spends a lot of time in the sun, wind & dirt. I happened to find two solutions to problems that I had and got up the courage to post and share. I could care less if you buy either product. I just got tired of spending $$$ driving an hour to get my nails done & thought someone else might appreciate a suggestion. I sincerely didn't realize I need to wait until someone asks a specific question before offering an opinion. Note I didn't give a "brand" for the flax oil--probably any Omega 3 oil might work. I did mention the other product because it's the only one of many that I've tried that worked. I seldom post on this site--I don't have much to offer in the way of decorating or landscaping advice. Sorry if I didn't approach this correctly.

Bookmark   June 11, 2007 at 8:22AM
centralcacyclist

Hi, I read this post. It didn't sound like spam to me. I appreciate the flax oil info. I take it for my skin, nice to know it helps hair as well. My nails are a tragedy. I'll check out the site. I take a hair/nail supplement but haven't seen much if any improvement.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 1:03AM
mitchdesj

hilltop, don't worry about it, this forum is inundated with spam so people might be too hasty to spot it.
ah, nails; one thing that gets moisture in is taking the buffing side of a nail file and buffing the oil in on the nail, it seems to make it penetrate better.
I also try to remember to wear rubber gloves as much as I can.

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 6:34AM
More Discussions
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Coconut Oil
I have been hearing so much abut the benefits of Coconut...
mizscarlett2001
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Sponsored Products
Pacifica Three-Light Bath Fixture
$169.99 | Bellacor
Powell Mirrored 2 Drawer Console
Beyond Stores
Kichler Granby Chrome Bath 2-Light
PLFixtures
Colonial Classic Kitchen Island
$669.99 | zulily
First Lessons´┐Ż Oval:5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Oval Rug Kid Essentials - Early Ch
$255.95 | Bellacor
Claire Full Length Wall-Mounted Mirror - IDI-12512
$229.99 | Hayneedle
Oxford Stripe Rug 7'5" x 10'10" - BLUE/GREEN
$899.00 | Horchow
44-inch Outdoor Kinnabari Stripe Swing/ Bench Cushion
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™