Heat turns off after preheating on electrolux icon double wall ov

paul571January 27, 2014

We have had our 30" electrolux icon double wall oven for almost 2 years and have been happy with it. However, we are now having a problem where once the ovens preheat they turn off (don't maintain temperature) even though the display still shows the desired temperature. This is happening with both the upper and lower ovens.

Also, the upper oven is taking longer to preheat while the lower oven seems to preheat as normal.

I know some people have had trouble with these ovens after running a self cleaning cycle, but it has been over 6 months since we have last done this with our upper oven. Thus, this shouldn't be the problem.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakvis

Your preheat is done mostly with the Broil element. It sounds like your bake elements are not turning on after the preheat is finished.

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 8:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paul571

That makes sense. Do you have any thoughts as to what might be failing if the bake elements aren't turning on after the preheat? Since it is happening to both the upper and lower units it sounds like it may involve something at top end of the oven (control panel or a switch or something like this). Any thoughts or recommendations on how to proceed? It sounds like I may need to get a repair person out here...
Thank you for you input.

Bookmark   January 30, 2014 at 8:31AM
More Discussions
Lights on my Jenn-Air dishwasher
I have a two year-old Jenn-Air Trifecta dishwasher...
sail_away
Whirlpool Chillerator Repair Question
I posted on this issue in Electrical Wiring, but I...
amyf5
True Refrigerator (residential)
I came across this beautiful photo of a True refrigerator...
ltislander
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™