oily/dry skin problems

jannieJune 26, 2007

Anybody else have this probl;em? I have always had oily skin, going back to my teenage acne.It's gotten somewhat better, but I swear, even though I'm over 50 and there are crows feet,I still have one pimple somewhere. So I still have oily skinon my face. But some places I'm dry. My hand are dry, my cuticles are terrible, and I have chapped lips. Is there anyone else like this? How do you deal with the dry spots?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasgirl54

I have some oily skin on my forehead, the rest is dry.
A skin care adviser told me to use OLIVE OIL
when i go to bed on my dry face.
She sayed it's better then any moistorizer you buy at
the beauty counter.
You can also massage the oil in your cuticels.
I have great skin.
Hope this helps a little.

Christine

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 3:08PM
robinwv

I am 55 and have oil "gusher" skin, with a few lines under the eyes. I've fought oil and blemishes since age 13 and it wasn't until I started to treat my skin like sensitive skin that I had any success. First; HANDS off - no picking, popping, or squeezing. I use a blackhead extractor when needed. I use Mary Kay time wise 3-1 bar soap and an Old Vic washcloth (can be found at Vermont Country Store, Amazon, Caswell Massey on line) - squeaky clean and gently exfoliated. A blackhead clearing astringent (Avon Clear Skin) and then a primer: Smashbox Matte: just soaks up the oil. Makeup is Loreal's Mineral powder foundation over Dermablend concealer (I have old acne scars on my cheeks), loose powder, powder blush and I'm good to go for a few hours. I like Mary Kay blotting tissues ($5/75 tissues) and always blot first, apply a touch of Smashbox to my t-zone and powder lightly. I've found that after my morning make-up application at 6:30am I usually need touch ups at 10 - 12 and 2pm. Evenings I again wash after removing eye makeup with Mary Kay eye make up remover, astringent, and then a moisturizer/oil control lotion (Mary Kay or other brands). I also like to dab a bit of eye cream on in the evenings (I like Mary Kay or Anew by Avon). Hands get FREQUENT applications of Mary Kay Timewise hand/body lotion during the day and before bed I do cuticles with almond oil or olive oil, what ever I can pick up - I rub it in real well and apply a nice hand cream.

Bookmark   June 30, 2007 at 9:30AM
capeape

Has anyone tried Milk of Magnesia as a primer before you put on any other make-up? Works great for me.

Bookmark   January 27, 2009 at 1:34AM
More Discussions
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
where Cathy Daniels clothing sold...?
I have a hard time getting clothes to fit well &...
vieja_gw
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™