T-shirt That Fits A Larger Chest?

tarzyJune 29, 2007

Summer just kills me! I have the hardest time finding a good, basic t-shirt that fits. I have a large chest(34DD), and most t-shirts just don't feel comfortable. If I buy an XL to fit the bust, it is usually too wide for the rest of my body and just feels sloppy. I did find one t-shirt, at The GAP that has a little lycra in it, so it skims the bust but doesn't hug it, but it only comes in black and white.

When I was younger (in my 20s/30s) I would often wear a basic man's t-shirt (Hanes or GAP) but I really want to dress with a little more style now. Even though I'm past 40, I still want to look hip and stylish.

I'm not a huge woman - but I do have a "mature" body. Most t-shirts just do not fit my body!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ramrice

I am a 34D, but I find I have the best luck with t-shirts at walmart. Not the hanes brand, but the White Stag label. They have a nice fit that is tapered but not tight. The Target brand (Mossimo) is also nice but it has a tighter fit. The T-shirts at the gap seem to run small.

Bookmark   June 30, 2007 at 8:09AM
ninos

Since breast implant have become so popular(not suggesting yours are) i wonder where women shop for clothes. Everything seems to be made for the teeny tiny women-oops i mean girl. I looked online and found a few shops that sell for large busted women. Good Luck!

Bookmark   June 30, 2007 at 10:30AM
jamielovescoffee__az

The v-neck t-shirts from Old Navy work well for my sister who is very large chested and they fit well and look good on her. I think the v-neck makes all the difference. I am small chested so I wear the regular crewneck t-shirts from Old Navy. The shirts we like are really thin and comfy and if you don't have a store where you live you can order them on line. They also keep their shape better than many other t-shirts we have worn.

Bookmark   July 1, 2007 at 8:58PM
centralcacyclist

I think women with augmentation buy for the breast size fit and have the rest tailored. I'm slightly chesty and have to do that sometimes to avoid the button gap.

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 1:17AM
tarzy

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Good point about the tailoring. I suppose I should just find a decent tailor and resign myself to spending the money. I know on WHAT NOT TO WEAR they always talk about tailoring as the answer. I guess the trick is finding a good tailor.

I agree about the V neck - it's a much better look for me. I think I'll check out the ones at Old Navy - they sound like they might work for me.

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 11:02AM
ramrice

I have the Old Navy v-neck ones. They are nice but they do show a lot of cleavage. The v is deep.

Bookmark   July 2, 2007 at 12:19PM
dietcokejunkee

Old Navy. I am a 38DD and I love them. This year's tees are better than ever. They have some deeper V ones, too, and I wear a cami with it. They fit great and look great, I think. I have several different styles from ON and I love them all!

Bookmark   July 6, 2007 at 6:27PM
More Discussions
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
Proper wedding attire
We are invited to my Fiance's nieces wedding in November...
arizonarose
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™