Foundations

pinklady07June 14, 2006

My skin seems to break out with heavy foundations so I need something that's light but also a good product. My friends have recommended MAC foundations, but I'm not really sure if I want to take that big of a hit to the wallet without asking around first. I'm 17 so I still have the typical adolescent woes of the skin, and as I said before, heavy stuff tends to make my face go crazy. I need something that covers it well, but doesn't irritate it and also isn't thick. I hate matte looks and really want to get some good makeup for my senior portraits; I don't want it to LOOK like I'm wearing makeup. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

Paula Begoun (the author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me") has done a report called Drugstore Doubles which tells in her opinion the best cosmetics available from the drugstore. For foundations she recommends the Revlon line and she also mentions Neutrogena Visibly Even Natural-Look Makeup SPF 20.

I'm pretty happy with Clinique Soft Finish Make up.I think it's about $18. Have you tried Cover Girl?

I wonder if it is the sunscreen part of foundation that causes you to break out.

Good luck with those senior portraits. They'll take many shots, so I'm sure you'll get one you like. You are smart to plan ahead.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cosmetic Cop

Bookmark   June 14, 2006 at 3:08PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

PS Pinklady, I just noticed that the Cosmetic Cop webpage question of the month is about make up for brides since they will be having their pictures taken. There might be some helpful info for you there, even tho' you're not a bride! Check it out.

Bookmark   June 14, 2006 at 3:14PM
More Discussions
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Help with dry frizzy hair
I have very dry hair. It's very fine and straight,...
Twinkle
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
Sponsored Products
Zig Zag Area Rug
Grandin Road
Crest Relief Dreamax 2 in. Bunkie Board Foundation - IDF-BUNKIE-F
$169.99 | Hayneedle
Bordeaux Embroidered Cutwork Tablecloth
$49.99 | zulily
Hand-woven Matador Mix Brown Leather Rug (8' Round)
Overstock.com
New Veg Dyed Runner Balouch Hand Knotted Wool Monkey Peacock Design Rug Free Pad
BH Sun Inc
Serena & Lily Gobi Embroidered Sheet Set
Serena & Lily
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Moroccan Tile Ivory/Orange 5 ft.
Home Depot
Charlie Rug 10' x 14' - SILVER
$5,399.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™