Foundation ?

woodie2June 24, 2004

Can anyone recommend a foundation with maximum coverage (sun blotches, you know) for "mature" skin. I don't want a matte finish, a more moist, dewy finish is what I prefer. I'm using Revlon Age Defying 'all day lifting' foundation and I like the texture, but it's really a light coverage and I'm looking for more coverage.

Anybody?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

Hey Woodie!

I use Paula Begoun's books - 'Don't go the the Cosmetics Counter without me' - to answer just those kind of questions. Here is the link to her website, and you can find her books on amazon, etc.

Jessica

Here is a link that might be useful: Cosmeticscops.com

Bookmark   June 29, 2004 at 2:05PM
woodie2

Thanks, Jessy, (I mean, I guess it's Jessica, that sounds so formal for you:) I'd love to check out her books! I don't usually get too much into makeup, I'm a pretty simple, basic kind of gal. But suddenly this face of mine is turning old, ugh, and it needs a bit more attention.

Bookmark   June 29, 2004 at 2:30PM
JessyFeldm_speakeasy

LOL woodie! You can call me anything you want. The only folks who call me Jessy is forum folks, my father and DS's baseball coach. DH set up my email for me years ago - 'Jessy' - and it stuck. Don't care what I'm called as long as it's not late for dinner.

FYI Begoun also has a book about hair care produts, helpful now that I'm totally salt and pepper...

Bookmark   June 29, 2004 at 3:02PM
lydia1959

Try L'Oreal's Visible Lift extra coverage. Very dewy finish, super coverage without feeling too heavy.

Bookmark   July 4, 2004 at 10:57AM
woodie2

Thanks a million, Lydia! It seems to be just what I'm looking for. I will most definitely give it a try.

Bookmark   July 7, 2004 at 4:57PM
woodie2

Lydia - I bought some this morning and its really perfect for my skin! Thanks again so much for your reply and recommendation. I feel 25 again, LOL.

Bookmark   July 9, 2004 at 1:49PM
dragonfly2

Ho Woodie, I would also suggest going to the Este or Lancome counter, Arden, Mac etc. and ask them the same question, they all have good products and they will gladly give you a fair size sample of their products to try before you invest. Heck with enough samples you won't have to 'invest' anything.
By the way I love that book "Don't go to the Cosmetic Counter....." she tells it like it is and saves you lots of costly 'mistakes'.

Bookmark   July 11, 2004 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Facial Hair from upper lip
Hi All upper lip I have an embrassing problem with...
Angel1977
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™