New nail polish promises no chips

jannieJune 4, 2006

The holy grail of manicures: a home manicure where the polish won't chip within two days. I bought a new product last week, called Revlon Color Last. It consists of two bottles, one of color, the other of top-coat (no base). Instructions are to apply two coats of color (again, no base coat). Let dry, then apply one layer of the top-coat for shine and protection. I applied it Tuesday, and this is Sunday and my nails look pretty good. No chips, just some wear at the tips of three fingers of my right hand. I use my hands a lot for keyboarding,housework,gardening. I guess you could say I'm a normal person. Well, fairly normal . . . The bottle promised the manicure will last ten days. Well, I'm at six days and still going. I would recommend this product. I hope no one reports this , I am not advertising.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
centralcacyclist

I have a former co-worker who said the same thing about the same product. It wears like iron for her too.

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 12:55PM
woodie2

Thanks for the recommendation. I don't wear polish at all because it usually is chipped the next day. The only time I can ever keep polish on my nails is with fake nails and I'm not doing that any more!

Bookmark   June 5, 2006 at 1:28PM
mitchdesj

I use color last top coat the day after I get a manicure at a salon and it really helps extend it.

Bookmark   June 7, 2006 at 6:36AM
cbarkston

I've used this product for about 2 years or so---I cannot bring myself to waste my time with any other product. It's fabulous (a little hard to remove, however...)

Bookmark   June 7, 2006 at 8:10PM
More Discussions
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™