Christmas party drinks

cmillerNovember 19, 2001

I am having a Christmas party and would like to serve apple cider and eggnog. What liquor is usually mixed with these drinks? I was thinking rum but is there another as well? I wanted this to be the only alcohol - perhaps I will also serve Champagne. Would it be okay to just have a carafe of rum on the buffet with regular eggnog and hot cider and guests can mix it themselves? How would you handle this? I want it to be very elegant. Des anyone know of a good Champagne that they would recommend - nice but not too pricey? Thanks for your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac_netins_net

If you want to be elegant,use rum in the cider and brandy in the eggnog.
For really cheap champagne, Andre Brut is my choice....for more moderately priced, I like Frixinet ( I may have spelled it wrong!!)...Always get the most "un-sweet" Champagne you can buy....unless serving for dessert.
Linda C

Bookmark   November 21, 2001 at 4:40PM
whispery

For my wedding reception, which included a bonfire, I had a couple crock pots of warmed cider with an assortment of different flavored Schnapps on hand- butterscotch, cinnamon, can't remember what else offhand. It was a big hit. It's nice if you are serving folks who drink less frequently- more palatable than liquor to less experienced drinkers.

Bookmark   December 10, 2001 at 12:25AM
gpeden

Our family drink is called London Fog - its *really* good....

2 parts coffee
2 parts vanilla ice cream
1 part bourbon

Its best to make it a day or two ahead of time. My normal batch is Quart/Quart/Pint.

g

Bookmark   January 6, 2002 at 6:47PM
More Discussions
Muffins with Juice pulp
I've been juicing fruits and veggies and throwing away...
starraffy
Green Smoothies Question
Has anyone utilizing daily green smoothies noticed...
pink_warm_mama_1
K Cup Compatible Coffee Machines - NOT Keurig!
I'm not a coffe drinker but seeking to buy a machine*...
karyn
Kumbucha?
Anyone brewing Kumbucha? :) Arum
dena_eft
Kale juicing
KALE-AID KALE JUICE RECIPE It is low in calories and...
starraffy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™