Looking for advice on buying red wine

netlaNovember 16, 2006

I am planning to give some friends a bottle of wine for Christmas and I don't want to sound a complete idiot when I go to the wine shop to buy it, so tought I would ask for advice first.

I'm looking for a mid-priced red wine that's good with smoked and salted meats, and another one in the same price range that is good with roast lamb. Any suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

And....what's mid priced to you? And where do you live ( which determines what wine costs. Wine in Iowa is twice what it is in Illinois)
Linda C

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 10:08PM
gardener64

I buy table wines when giving a gift of wine, they are not sweet or too dry
and they go with everything
Are you sure the friends drink wine also?

Bookmark   December 15, 2006 at 2:44PM
bud_wi

Your're putting the cart before the horse.

It won't do you no good, to go into a wine store with a shopping list of wines you read about in a blog or discussion board.

The wines you read about may not even be available in your area. Or may not be carried at the store you shop at.

Here is what you do...............Go to store...........Ask for help from someone who works there who knows the inventory...................Make your purchase.......Done.

You certainly won't be ther first person who came into a wine store and asked for assistance.

The people who work there love offering advice. Tell them your price range and needs. They will suggest appropriate wines that they carry. If you encounter a snotty attitude, or are only shown wines out of your price range, just go find another store.

Bookmark   February 19, 2007 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
Gave up Coke Cola
I have been a Coca Cola Junkie for 20 years-I averaged...
brigitte-grisanti
Kale juicing
KALE-AID KALE JUICE RECIPE It is low in calories and...
starraffy
What happened to the taste of Coffee?
What happened to the taste of coffee? My favorite coffee...
lovetogarden
why my ginger lemon drink explode?
Hi there Ginger drink is actually natural drink that...
sherlyyu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™