What to serve children

gandbbOctober 17, 2005

I am going to trust adults to be able to drink red wine without spilling on my carpet, but I don't know what to offer young children at a dinner party that won't make too huge a mess when the inevitable spills occur. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Not much that I can think of.....diet 7_up or diet sprite is pretty safe....but most parents don't want their kids drinking diet drinks.
A pretty safe one is white grape juice....but if spilled you will have to get the sugar out of the carpet.!
Depending on the age of the children, I might think of investing in several cute and fun sippy cups.
Linda C

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 12:09PM
Cleo199

Well, it's over a month too late to answer this but what the heck.

Pour a half glass of Orange Juice. (not tang...but minute maid or Old South) Top it off with a half glass of 7Up. Then add a tablespoon full of grenadine for colour. It's a Shirley Temple and even I drink them. They're soo good! You can leave the grenadine out if you are afraid of spills and stains. It's just red sugar syrup for colour.

Bookmark   November 19, 2005 at 5:27PM
Susan_in_NC

I'd vote for the sip cups or even disposable coffee cups that you can now get with fitted lids. A child who is over 2 or 3 might object to something that is clearly for a much younger child, but would accept something that they have seen an adult use.

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 4:27PM
More Discussions
Plastic Bottles?
Does anyone know of a source for new 2 liter pop bottles?...
Konrad___far_north
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
Worst beer?
The post on your favorite drink made me think of some...
AB
Milk kefir grains to share
Milk kefir grains to share - Victoria BC area. Respond...
Paattty
SodaStream machine anyone?
I got a 'SodaStream' machine for Christmas & was...
vieja_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™