Lifted Eyelids Anyone?

AnnieILMay 29, 2004

Just had the ophthalmologist (eye physician) tell me I have drooping eyelids and it is putting a strain on my eyes. He has recommended a plastic surgeon who specializes in this type of surgery. Has anyone had it?

Is it painful? Do they give a local anesthetic or put you to sleep? I have a consultation with him in two weeks, so will be asking him these questions; but I would like to hear your experiences, if any. Thank you. Annieil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gumbycat

My husband had it done about three years ago for the same reason and had no problems at all.

Bookmark   May 30, 2004 at 5:34PM
ponderinstuff

I know two people that have had this done. Once had severe drooping and she did have some complications for some time but after a year she was fine.

The other had no problems at all.

Basically, it is an eye lift. Make sure you get a good surgeon with lots of experience doing this. I have no doubt you'll be pleased with the results.

Bookmark   June 4, 2004 at 1:13PM
weed30

I had it done 12 years ago. 4 lid blephoroplasty (eyelift ;)

They put you under. Before they wheeled me into the OR, they gave me some kind of relaxant drug through an IV...jeez! Now I know why people become drug addicts...I felt so good ;)

Back on topic...I had very little post op pain. Still woozy from the anestesia when I got home, and just rested. I believe I was given prescription painkillers but don't think I really needed them. I will say that I looked terrible, like I'd been punched in both eyes. That lasted about a week. You aren't supposed to bend over or lift anything heavy for a short time.

My husband's grandmother, who is in her 80's, just had her uppers done a few months ago, same issue as you. She went through it/came out of it just fine.

Also, if you smoke, quit at least 10 days before. You will heal faster and better.

Bookmark   June 10, 2004 at 9:23AM
AnnieIL

Thank you so very much for all the pertinent information regarding the eyelid lift. I don't smoke--quit 34 years ago, thank goodness, but have enough infirmities that I worry about additional ones. At least I have some idea of what to anticipate and can prepare. Thanks again.AnnieIL

Bookmark   June 10, 2004 at 10:41AM
chinacat_sunflower

:) both my parents have had it done, they're in their 70's, my mom had crepe-y lids from decades of abuse (those old black eye liners have ruined many a delicate eye area!) and my dad lost 200 pounds after heart surgery, both were done for 'medical' reasons...

both of them came through fine, and my dad's a diabetic with some serious healing issues.

my only advice is to find the doctor you trust the most overall- and walk out on anyone whose portfolio isn't current, or whom tries to pressure you into ANY other procedure.

Bookmark   July 8, 2004 at 1:21PM
More Discussions
Help settle bet--free shampoo. & style on the line
My stylist swears hair is alive and I contend hair...
bossyvossy
Coconut Oil
I have been hearing so much abut the benefits of Coconut...
mizscarlett2001
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Sponsored Products
Elephant Stool by Vitra
$170.00 | Lumens
Grey Lattice Adjustable Height Swivel Armless Bar Stool
Zuri Furniture
Books Can Take You Anywhere� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentia
$255.95 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Surya Rugs Candice Olson Dark Chocolate 8
Home Depot
16" Basalt stone Wash-hand Basin Bathroom style - KALOO BLACK
Living'ROC
BEMIS Seats Round Closed Front Toilet Seat in Surf Green 200SLOWT 105
$56.53 | Home Depot
New Oriental 3'x10' Geometric Balouch Runner Hand Knotted Blue Wool Rug P905
BH Sun Inc
Witt Industries Combination 24 Gallon Black Recycling Bin - 15RTBK
$272.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for: