Shampoo For Color Treated Hair

katie56May 11, 2007

What is a good shampoo for fine hair that is color treated?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I like Options by Framesi.

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 7:18PM
dannie

L'Oreal's Vive Pro Colour Care is excellent for my fine coloured hair. It has conditioners in it so I rarely use the matching conditioner. I also find that rotating shampoos seems to help give my hair more body.

Bookmark   May 12, 2007 at 3:50PM
mitchdesj

I've been using Color Conserve by Aveda, it really works. Expensive but I buy the larger bottle with a pump, it makes it reasonable.

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 7:34AM
sylviatexas1

Look for one whose list of ingredients does *not* include "ammonium" or any form of that word.

Ammonia strips color.

If you can find one with no sodium laurel sulfate, that's even better;
it's a drying agent, too.

(Since I changed to a toothpaste with no sodium laurel sulfate, I almost never wake up with a dry mouth.)

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 7:17PM
robbyrob

I have dark hair with red highlights. Pureology products, purchased from my salon, are the only ones that keep my color vibrant. We have a pool, so I swim a lot during the summer months and the Pureology is the only product that I've used that keeps my color from fading between salon visits.

Bookmark   May 20, 2007 at 10:36PM
vannie

Tresseme works for me

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 5:51PM
growgardens

OK, lets see. Respectfully, I disagree with ALL and ALL of those shampoos named here that people think is good for colored hair and I tell you why! ALL of these shampoos you mentioned ALL of them have Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate. You might buy a $200 bottle shampoo and then it says it is great for colored hair and if it has these Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, then the most you should pay for it is less than a dollar! And then you only should use it to clean your concrete floor and where you change oil in your parking space!!!

Given that I have hair loss, as well as coloring my hair too, I ended up finding a shampoo that is light years better than these shampoos mentioned here. I got this shampoo NOT for my coloring, since I was DESPARATE for my hair loss I needed something to protect what I have first!!!LOL So I ended up using this proanagen shampoo and now I find other brands WORTHLESS and loaded with chems. Thank you and have a great colorful day. Their link is http://www.proanagen.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Great coloring shampoo!

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 10:57PM
More Discussions
Does Bare minerals make your face itch????
Another thread about Bare minerals...Sorry, But I need...
Carrie_AZ
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
Eyeliner that will not smear? Have oily skin
Is there any other poster that has oily eye lids? I...
colorcrazy
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™