Shampoo For Color Treated Hair

katie56May 11, 2007

What is a good shampoo for fine hair that is color treated?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I like Options by Framesi.

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 7:18PM
dannie

L'Oreal's Vive Pro Colour Care is excellent for my fine coloured hair. It has conditioners in it so I rarely use the matching conditioner. I also find that rotating shampoos seems to help give my hair more body.

Bookmark   May 12, 2007 at 3:50PM
mitchdesj

I've been using Color Conserve by Aveda, it really works. Expensive but I buy the larger bottle with a pump, it makes it reasonable.

Bookmark   May 14, 2007 at 7:34AM
sylviatexas1

Look for one whose list of ingredients does *not* include "ammonium" or any form of that word.

Ammonia strips color.

If you can find one with no sodium laurel sulfate, that's even better;
it's a drying agent, too.

(Since I changed to a toothpaste with no sodium laurel sulfate, I almost never wake up with a dry mouth.)

Bookmark   May 15, 2007 at 7:17PM
robbyrob

I have dark hair with red highlights. Pureology products, purchased from my salon, are the only ones that keep my color vibrant. We have a pool, so I swim a lot during the summer months and the Pureology is the only product that I've used that keeps my color from fading between salon visits.

Bookmark   May 20, 2007 at 10:36PM
vannie

Tresseme works for me

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 5:51PM
growgardens

OK, lets see. Respectfully, I disagree with ALL and ALL of those shampoos named here that people think is good for colored hair and I tell you why! ALL of these shampoos you mentioned ALL of them have Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate. You might buy a $200 bottle shampoo and then it says it is great for colored hair and if it has these Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate, then the most you should pay for it is less than a dollar! And then you only should use it to clean your concrete floor and where you change oil in your parking space!!!

Given that I have hair loss, as well as coloring my hair too, I ended up finding a shampoo that is light years better than these shampoos mentioned here. I got this shampoo NOT for my coloring, since I was DESPARATE for my hair loss I needed something to protect what I have first!!!LOL So I ended up using this proanagen shampoo and now I find other brands WORTHLESS and loaded with chems. Thank you and have a great colorful day. Their link is http://www.proanagen.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Great coloring shampoo!

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 10:57PM
More Discussions
Hair cut advice
Have any of you had a V cut or A U cut on the back...
arizonarose
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Cracked heels - why only women?
Has anyone ever wonder why only we women get cracked...
organicboat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™