Help! Do I need a different shampoo?

unclejack857May 4, 2010

Hello, I hope their is someone who can help me! I joined just for this specific question! Ok, I'm a male and I have REALLY thick hair!! Women always say they wish they had my thick hair! Well, on a guy and me in particular I think it looks dumb! Whenever I wash it, it gets REALLY thick and I hate it! Needless to say I don't wash it nearly as much as I should! I just use the regular shampoo. No extra body for me!! The lady who cuts my hair usually does a pretty good job of thinning it out a little, but it's still pretty thick! I've never asked this question to anyone as it's kind of embarrassing!Is their any shampoo that will reduce the "body" or anything I can do? Any help is greatly appreciated! Dirty Hair Donnie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheshe

Well here is what my DH says. He has really thick hair too.
He uses VO5 Regular. But he says after it hasn't been cut
for awhile nothing helps. He has to get his thinned too.

sheshe

Bookmark   May 4, 2010 at 9:27PM
eccentric

I am female but I feel your pain - and while short hair does not necessarily suit my features - I can't go there (did years ago) but my hair is so thick and wavy I would look like a giant brillo pad within a week. My husband also has thick hair - but he does wash it everyday. I think you seriously need to re-think your haircut. I understand that your hair stylist is thinning out your hair - but there is thinning (as in the dreaded "pinking shears") or layering. I have layers so that when I wash it, it does have bounce, but isn't like a giant ball of hair (I keep it about 3 inches below my ears.) I use a shampoo for wavy, coloured hair (greyed in 20s - now 60) - auburn - so that is another problem. I could not go without washing my hair because with such thick hair it absorbs odours and I hate the flat look - and I usually wear a hat due to the darned auburn which will fade in a second. You might need to get a fully layered cut - one designed for a man of course - and go to have it cut at least every 4 weeks. I agree with the envy of many women -I get that too - too bad I am so hair challenged. You can also get some hair control products - a form of "mud" to use to help keep your hair under control. My husband does this as well.

Bookmark   May 5, 2010 at 4:21PM
unclejack857

Thanks all! I'll have to try the "mud". I guess I'll just have to get my hair cut more often too! Sorry I took so long to post a follow up, as I thought I would have gotten a reply message sent to my email? Thanks again! Jack

Bookmark   May 11, 2010 at 10:26PM
More Discussions
You are over 60 with fine, thin, straight hair
that won't take a perm. How do you wear your hair?
pauline13
What to Wear with Dresses in the Winter
I notice the women on the morning shows all wear short...
blueheron
What is a good face cream to use,that WORKS?
I think I've tried every brand of face creams,night...
Dotty9
HOW much for a cut and highlight?
I normally post on the quilting and diet club boards,...
miscindy
testing
Spirea reverting.
catkin
Sponsored Products
Elden Rug 8'6" x 11'6" - PEWTER
$1,259.00 | Horchow
Winsome Verona 4-Section N Storage Shelf Bookcase with 4 Foldable Black Color Fa
$121.00 | Hayneedle
Lush Decor Lake Como 4-piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Travel Often Print
$23.99 | Dot & Bo
Pop N' Fold Laundry Sorter
$8.99 | zulily
Sunburst WATER & DIRT SHIELD Mat
$59.50 | FRONTGATE
Wishing Well Rectangular LED Fountain
Lamps Plus
David Bromstad "Stamped II" Artwork