Favorite low to mid price range beer?

Erik_z7b_ALOctober 13, 2002

What is your your favorite cheap or regular price beer?I'm talking about anything from the cheapest stuff they make up to about 6 bucks a six pack.I like alot of the higher priced stuff,but rarely buy it anymore.For my cheap beer,I like pabst blue ribbon better than the other cheap brands,and I like original coors for my regular priced beer,but most of them will do,they all taste almost the same anyway.I've tried most of high priced imports(at least the ones I can find around here),and I like most of them.I think if I could afford any beer I wanted,I'd drink alot of guinness,and beck's and warsteiner.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sunny66

My favorite cheap beer is Rainier or Henry Weinhardts. These may be local to the northwest, I'm not sure. I can usually get a case of Rainier for 7 bucks. Bars here serve mainly expensive microbrews, but some have Henry's and it is always a lot cheaper than the micros. As for mid-priced beers, I like Coors Light, Bud, and High Life. As long as it tastes watered-down I like it. I can't drink thick, bitter beers.

Bookmark   October 14, 2002 at 5:36PM
zzeasy

Busch Light and Yuengling Lager, occasionally Coors Light; will probably try the new Michelob Ultra

Bookmark   October 16, 2002 at 11:26AM
caliloo

Another vote for Yuengling Lager. I also like LaBatts Blue, Molson Golden and Moosehead.

Alexa

Bookmark   October 25, 2002 at 6:58AM
Ray_Scheel

The cheapest I'll go is MGD or Miller Lite, more often I'll pick up a 12 of Rolling Rock. Mid-range, Shiner Blonde or Bock ($10/12 pack) is my "everyday" choice. I watch for St Pauli Girl on sale, or Hornsby's Hard Cider, and as a treat, something from the Celis brewery.

Bookmark   December 10, 2002 at 3:56PM
publickman

Rainer is good cheap beer.

Bookmark   December 16, 2002 at 9:19PM
josigirl_wi

Busch Light isn't too bad for $10 for 18 pack!

Bookmark   December 25, 2002 at 6:33AM
wildchild

MGD or Coors. Never understood the point of any light beer.

Bookmark   January 15, 2004 at 10:09AM
dallascowboys321_yahoo_com

National Bohemian(natty boh), a Baltimore brewed pale ale. Usually would run you about $5-6 a 12pk of cans.

Bookmark   April 8, 2007 at 7:01PM
labmomma

cheap - Rolling Rock, nothing like an ice cold one on an extremely hot day. A bit more - Stella Artois - expensive -Chimay for fall or heavier meals and Hoegarden for lighter meals.

I am not a beer drinker, but the ones listed above would be what I would drink if I felt like a beer with a meal.

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 7:51AM
larryinseattle

Depends upon your taste. I find American and Asian commercial beers to be at best tasteless fixes for thirst. Water is usually a better choice. I can't find any microbrews for less than about $7 for a 6-pack. But generally I make it myself for about $3 and it is better than anything I can buy - if I do say so myself...

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 1:26AM
More Discussions
Broken Jaw, Need ideas (More details in message)
I recently broke my jaw due to seizures, so they couldn't...
Buzz8522
Kale juicing
KALE-AID KALE JUICE RECIPE It is low in calories and...
starraffy
SodaStream machine anyone?
I got a 'SodaStream' machine for Christmas & was...
vieja_gw
Milk kefir grains to share
Milk kefir grains to share - Victoria BC area. Respond...
Paattty
wild fermentation question
Hi everybody, I've made ginger beer using the wild...
corpus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™