fall drink suggestions for 50th Bday party

valarie_1958September 1, 2008

need suggestion for beverage.it is a fall themed party. there will be an open bar but would like to have a specialty drink that looks nice. with or without alcohol is ok

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancylouise_gw

Seeing as how it is a Fall themed party maple syrup comes to mind. How about a Maple Leaf?

Shake together 2 parts bourbon, 1 part lemon juice, and a teaspoon of maple syrup. Pour into a martini glass.

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 10:14AM
work_in_progress_08

No ideas at the moment, but make sure you collect the car keys. The Maple Leaf sounds like stiff drink!

Bookmark   September 9, 2008 at 2:32PM
dilly_dally

How about hot spiced drinks? Mulled wine. Hot apple cider. Either with or without booze. I suggest apple schnapps for cider or wine. Lemon infused vodka or rum can go well too. Hot Toddies made with bourbon, are great for fall or holidays. Hot Buttered Rum crosses seasons too. Make all of these from scratch. It's easy. Mixes are crap.

If some of your guests do not care for hot drinks how about making traditional a Old Fashion. Make from scratch. Use a cinnamon stick for a stir stick and float and orange slice for garnish.

Another cold drink for fall is the Moscow Mule (Vodka and Ginger Beer plus lime).

I would offer guests drinks that they just can't get at the average bar. Something that will get them to take notice and remember, but something that isn't too wacky and seems soothing and homey.

Although more of a winter holiday drink, I think you could do hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Or with Irish Cream.

Is this just a cocktail party with nibbles or is there going to be a meal? You have to match your menu to the spicy sweeter drinks.

If you limit your drink menu to drinks the guests have not tried before, guests tend to drink less. Not that they don't enjoy them, but they tend to savor them rather than guzzle. It saves money and you don't have to worry about "Bill" or "Bob" knocking back fifteen gin and tonics, or whatever 'their' drink is.

Bookmark   September 25, 2008 at 3:11AM
More Discussions
Plastic Bottles?
Does anyone know of a source for new 2 liter pop bottles?...
Konrad___far_north
Gin How to make it taste good
Hi we were given a large bottle of gin for Christmas...
Laurie
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
wild fermentation question
Hi everybody, I've made ginger beer using the wild...
corpus
Kale juicing
KALE-AID KALE JUICE RECIPE It is low in calories and...
starraffy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™