Iced cappucino at home??

AmySeptember 8, 2001

I have these General Foods International coffes packets to make cappucino in a glass of milk. You can add ice. I had an iced cappucino from Tim Horton's and paid $2.59 or something like that. I was thinking about putting a packet in the blender with crushed ice to see what kind of drink I would get. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Amy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pame_yahoo_com

I add my left over dark roast coffee to the blender with a litle cocoa and whipping cream and some ice. It makes a wonderful iced coffee. Leave out the ice if you just want a coffee drink and add it if yu want when it is in the glass. The drink keeps well in the blender in the fridge and I just give it a whirl when I want a glass.

Bookmark   September 18, 2001 at 2:17PM
Jean_NC

I hope someone has Marlen's cappucino mix recipe. Unable to connect to her link.

Bookmark   March 18, 2002 at 8:55PM
MsMagnolia

I tried some Int'l Coffee mix, mixed as directed, and then put into the blender w/ice. Awful. It had no substance, and was very, very weak. IF I should do that again, I would definitely add more milk and much more of the powdered mix. (That could get awfully expensive, though.)

Bookmark   April 20, 2002 at 3:56PM
decormania

Here's a tip for iced coffee or iced cappuccino...
Use up left-over coffee (make sure its at room temperature or cooler) & make coffee ice cubes which keeps those iced drinks from tasting like water.

Bookmark   May 6, 2002 at 2:30PM
Linda_Lou

One of the best, I think, is use dark brewed coffee and sweetened condensed milk with crushed ice.

Bookmark   May 8, 2002 at 8:09PM
becky_ca

Here's a good one - I've been saving the coffee that's left in the coffeemaker in the morning in a pitcher in the fridge to make these in the afternoon :-) They would be even better with ice cubes made from leftover coffee...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Starbuck's Frozen Frappuccino

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 cups cold coffee
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon chocolate syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups crushed ice or ice cubes

1. Combine the coffee, milk, sugar, chocolate syrup and salt in a blender and mix on medium speed for 15 seconds to dissolve sugar.
2. Add the vanilla extract and ice then blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Stir with a spoon if necessary to help blend.
3. Pour drink into two 16-ounce glasses.
Makes 2 large drinks.

Caramel
For this version, add 2 tablespoons of caramel syrup to the recipe above and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzled caramel.

Source:
"www.topsecretrecipes.com";

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Bookmark   May 14, 2002 at 7:56PM
More Discussions
why my ginger lemon drink explode?
Hi there Ginger drink is actually natural drink that...
sherlyyu
K Cup Compatible Coffee Machines - NOT Keurig!
I'm not a coffe drinker but seeking to buy a machine*...
karyn
Worst beer?
The post on your favorite drink made me think of some...
AB
coffee good or bad?
There seems to be a lot of confusion surrounding coffee....
Adams07
refresher drink
Quick post any drink recipe containing vital energy...
Adams07
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™