Need a good heat protection leave-in

riderMay 2, 2003

I recently purchased an ionic hair iron, and while I'm psyched to use it, I also want to do whatever I can to prevent any heat damage to my hair... can anyone recommend a good leave-in that protects hair from things like hair-straightening irons??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
whazzup

Try a product by Aquage called Beyond Shine. It's a super fine mist product specifically designed to work with hot irons. Makes your hair soft and shine like crazy.

Bookmark   May 2, 2003 at 9:22PM
Sunny3

I really like Redken Hair straightening balm. You only need a tiny dab and it is the only thing that leaves my hair nice. (I am also using Redken Allsoft shampoo and conditioner, then spraying in a little Infusium23 leave in conditioner.) My hair has never been nicer and more manageable - And I really put a lot of heat to it when I blow dry. At first I didn't want to spend the extra $$, but it really makes a difference in my hair and you don't need to use as much as a lot of other brands.

Bookmark   May 3, 2003 at 9:12PM
MsDevon

You can really use a little bit of any conditioner to help minimize heat damage. Make sure to get the ends, where most damage occurs. When I heat style, I use New Image Damage Free thermal protection (sold at Sallys), Redken Climatress Moist Ends leave in, and/ or Loreal Natures Therapy Mega Repair. I also like the Redken All Soft shampoo & conditioner.

Bookmark   May 3, 2003 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
Suggestions for good hair cutting cape
I have a hair cutting kit which I use to cut my husband's...
peabody1
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Regular down vs. ultra lite down
Help, I live in the south where down is not part of...
scpalmetto
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™