How matchy do you get with jewelry?

stu2900May 14, 2009

Would you match earrings, bracelet, and necklace? Or is that too much? Earrings and bracelet, or earrings and necklace only?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I think it depends on the jewelry. If it is big, bold eye-catching pieces, it might be better to substitute something coordinated but simpler for one of the pieces. That's just my two cents.

Tell us about the jewelry...

Bookmark   May 14, 2009 at 11:23PM
mitchdesj

I go the opposite of matchy, I never buy the matching set.
I've stopped wearing earrings a few years ago, so I go bolder on the necklace, softer on the bracelet.

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 10:39AM
nancylouise_gw

Because they are so close together I usually match earrings and necklace of the same type. Silver with silver, gold with gold,etc. They don't have to match to much in style but I do keep what they are made of matching. Bracelets, when I do wear them,are far enough away from my face that it is not that important to match up with the other items. NancyLouise

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 12:57PM
stu2900

I'm looking at faux multi colored pearls. They're not terribly expensive, but they are muted colors and would go with just about everything. I can't figure out what to get. I'm definetly getting the earrings, and probably the bracelet, but I can't decide if I want to get the necklace or not, or what size, it comes in 18" or 20". I was thinking of getting all three. I'm sure I'd wear at least two of the item together, but was wondering if wearing all three would be too much. I usually wear all three pieces of jewelry, but never anything that actually matches except most of my jewelry is gold.

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 5:27PM
riverrat1

The plain of white pearls that I have do not match my earrings that are a sort of a medium tear drop with small diamonds. I do have a long strand of multi colored brown pearls with matching earrings. For some reason I think pearls should go together.

As for the other jewlerly that I wear, I would rather it not match in style. In color yes but not in style. I have some nice jewlery that I've had for years that are matching sets. I now just mix it up.

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 11:14AM
stu2900

The more I looked at that jewelry, the less I thought I'd wear it. It's just not what I'm looking for.

Bookmark   June 5, 2009 at 5:59PM
More Discussions
Skin Health Maintenance
Hi, I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health...
alexander123
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
buying named fragrances on-line ... risky?
I find fragrances I like are not popular sometimes...
vieja_gw
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
Laser Hair Removal
My annual bonus this year will fund something I've...
mary_md7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™