Broken Jaw, Need ideas (More details in message)

Buzz8522July 15, 2014

I recently broke my jaw due to seizures, so they couldn't wire my jaw shut. Instead, they put me in braces and used rubber bands. Well after a week, they took the rubber bands off and said that i could start eating mushy food so long as I didn't have to chew (which was a huge relief because I was growing very weary of protein shakes and Cheesy broccoli soup, etc.). Now with my bands off, I was hoping for some good ideas of things I can drink/eat as long as it is mushy enough to where I don't have to thoroughly chew it. Some examples of things I've already gotten are Oatmeal, Malt-O-Meal, Easy Mac and Mashed Potatoes. But I know that I can't eat only these few things for five more weeks. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

Be sure to ask your question over in the cooking forum. There's a lot more activity there, and the folks are geniuses!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 11:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Deeby

Applesauce, ice cream, pudding, spinach, pour milk over cookies, well cooked green beans, those Chef Boyardee raviolis. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Prayed !

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
Mirro Matic 16 quart pressure Canner
I have lost my manual for it. It was probably made...
jka1941
Coke vs. Pepsi
Why do some many people like Coke and Diet Coke? Pepsi...
Kelli
Carbonate fruit drinks....
like raspberry, cherries, apple etc. Has anyone done...
Konrad___far_north
Jack La Lanne Power Juicer?
Anyone have a Jack La Lanne Power Juicer? Or does anyone...
betty_the_villages
Gave up Coke Cola
I have been a Coca Cola Junkie for 20 years-I averaged...
brigitte-grisanti
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™