Skin health maintenance

theodore_2007May 2, 2007

Hi,

I am 30 and need advice on my skin care/skin health maintenance.

I used to have acute acne problem in my teen-age years. I still have breakout sometimes. I had used almost every single thing on m face to get rid of acne. My skin has lost the smoothness. I understand I cannot make up for the past. But is there any way I can take care of it from now on. I mean so that my skin looks soft/fresh.

Also I have kind of black circle around my lip and chin. I think I have combination skin. Can you please help me with these all?

And suggest me a good skin care product with the ways to use them properly.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coolmama

Helllooo. First question,Have you ever been to a dermatologist?
I'am also 30 and have gone through something very similar. I tried every OVER THE COUNTER thing possible.Proactiv,Murad,oxy,clearisil,Neutragena,EVERYTHING.
Nothing seemed to work. I wasted tons of money on crap.

Sometimes acne is very hard to get under control.Different things work for different people.If you havent already been to a dermatologist,I highly suggest you find one.Not all of them are that expensive if you dont have insurance.I found mine and he charges LESS than a regular doctor's visit.

Because there are so many things that can cause acne,sometimes more than one product/treatment must be used before it is under control.

I suggest getting the book: HEALING ADULT ACNE by:RICHARD FRIED.

After reading it I understood alot more about why I had acne and how to go about controlling it.He is a exprienced dermatologist who was featured on Oprah not that long ago.

Bookmark   May 2, 2007 at 3:22AM
mitchdesj

I agree you could start with a dermatologist consult; gentle dermabrasion can do wonders in helping get rid of dead skin that is clogging pores. Consider it an investment in yourself. Finding a reputable aesthetician and getting a series of mini peels and masks could also help you get a fresh start.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 8:51AM
playsinthedirt20

I'd agree that you should see a dermatologist. Those blacks rings don't sound right.

Just basic skin care would be to keep it clean, which means NEVER going to sleep without taking off all your makeup. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen - day or night, rain or shine, summer or winter. And a wide-brimmed hat. And big sunglasses. I've had great results with the Murad acne products, but you might have more than one thing going on, so get to that dermatologist. And good luck!

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 3:10AM
More Discussions
twisted silver chain
When I was in Poland a friend gave me a silver chain...
bleusblue
Lifestyle lift, yeah or nay?
I am concerned with sagging and turkey neck. LL looks...
bossyvossy
dry scalp
I'm having a problem with my scalp. It seems so dry...
brownthumbia
Best top for khaki skirt
I have a denim khaki skirt that I like a lot. What...
arizonarose
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™