ginger ale and root beer

dkJune 13, 2001

I have been searching for a recipe for ginger ale and a recipe for root beer. We'd like to make these for a present

for this Sunday. Does anyone have a recipe or know where I might find one???

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac1_shymail_com

Well both require aging to make the carbonation work......so you couldn't possibly make them for this week.
Linda C

Bookmark   June 14, 2001 at 12:16AM
jasper_austin

I hope they found the recipe. It could have been done for Sunday, or the gift could have been made and given with instructions to age before drinking.

1/2 ounce ginger root
1 large lemon
1 cuo sugar
1/2 tablespoon cream of tartar
1/2 gallon boiling water
1/2 tablespoon packaged dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cuo warm water
4 pint size bottles with corks or screw tops

lightly crush ginger root. Peel and slice lemon. Add ginger, lemon and 1 cup sugar to boiling water. Allow to cool to lukewarm. In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons years. 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 cup warm water. Add to ginger mixture. Let sit in a warm area for 8 hours. Skim off bubbles from time to time. Ladle into bottles- avoid the sludge att the bottom of the pot. cork or cap the bottler and let them stand in a warm place for three days. Chill before serving.

Bookmark   June 4, 2002 at 8:42AM
bunnyman

Stop by a beer and wine making shop. Most that I've been to also carry soda pop making supplies. If you don't have one in your area there are some on the net. A proper fermentation vessel will go a long way towards making your venture a success. Yes, homemade soda is very mildly alcoholic. Properly made it is so low in alcohol that it can be safely served to children but you might refrain from giving it to people on medications where alcohol is contraindicated.

good luck,
michael

Bookmark   July 1, 2002 at 4:48AM
More Discussions
Rejuvelac: The best grain for the palate.
Is there is a noticeable difference in the taste between...
pipsydoodles
Coke vs. Pepsi
Why do some many people like Coke and Diet Coke? Pepsi...
Kelli
Mirro Matic 16 quart pressure Canner
I have lost my manual for it. It was probably made...
jka1941
Broken Jaw, Need ideas (More details in message)
I recently broke my jaw due to seizures, so they couldn't...
Buzz8522
K Cup Compatible Coffee Machines - NOT Keurig!
I'm not a coffe drinker but seeking to buy a machine*...
karyn
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™