Cross-body bags

tripletmom83April 28, 2013

I see that cross-body bags are pretty popular right now. I have never had one, but am tired of carrying a big heavy purse over my shoulder. I'd like to try a smallish cross-body bag, but I am almost 60 years old. Do you think this is too youthful a look for me? Do you think it would be better in a neutral shade, or should I get a pretty color for summer? I was thinking coral, or apricot. One of the worst things about getting older is trying to dress appropriately for your age without looking matronly. If it makes a difference, I am 5'4", with a smallish frame, size 8/10.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sameboat

I absolutely think you should try one, and in any fun color you want! I've always preferred wearing my bags across my body. Not only does it feel like a lighter load, but it leaves both hands free to shop. It's not going to slip off my shoulder and nobody can snatch it away. When I buy a purse with a nice long strap, I do make sure the bag is a little flat and not a bulky one. There are so many pretty Spring colors out there now. Have fun! And get some ballet flats to match!

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 9:48PM
tripletmom83

Sounds like a good idea Sameboat. It's funny, I never thought I'd be the type to get "set in my ways". Used to be the one who was always changing hairstyles, makeup, fashion. Now that I'm older, I am more hesitant. But I think I'll take your advice, and get some new shoes to match.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 5:41PM
Crackermoo

Triplemom83, I don't think it's too youthful of a look for a nearly-60-year-old at all. I like the cross-body bags because they seem to balance the weight of the bag more evenly than a heavy purse. And coral or apricot sounds lovely! The style and color are certainly not age-limited.

Bookmark   May 3, 2013 at 7:59PM
jennava19

I hope it isn't too young for you because I am 63 and I just bought two cute cross body bags at Target. AND I am tall and fat. Sooooo may not look right on me for sure!! I too have been carrying large heavy shoulder bags. Looking to lighten up.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 9:25AM
laurensophie

There are some different types of bags are available in wholesale rate to shop at GotApparel, because they are not too much heavy to carry on, beautiful light colors and all ages person easily adjust to take them anywhere so easily.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 2:56AM
More Discussions
Can a fiftyish woman have oily skin?
What exactly is oily skin? I have an oily T zone, doesn't...
bossyvossy
Skimmer shoes....socks, knee-his, or bare feet?
I know it's a weird question...but ...I hate wearing...
marc_ia
Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil Refill
I have used the Revlon Mechanical Eyebrow Pencil and...
MrsJrs
Does Bare minerals make your face itch????
Another thread about Bare minerals...Sorry, But I need...
Carrie_AZ
My pants are too short!
I have two pairs of pants that are 97% cotton and 3%...
Valerie Emmerich
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™